Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
viKKo

Does BP promote healing too?

Hi guys! I'm new here and i enjoyed this site. I have a question on BP before running to the mall, does BP promote healing as well? I would say I have light acne but my cheeks are peppered with acne redness from before with some huge pores, which looks like blood cloggings on the skin?? Will applying BP on the trouble area help reduce the redness and at the same time treat existing acne??? Or I should only apply the BP on the spots at this moment?? Thanks!

In my experience, i'd say no. It is not a natural healing element so it works chemically against acne. im personally off of the regimen because in the end, my face was looking worse (less white heads, but more cysts and red marks than ive had in a long time).

Heya,

That's weird because as i see here, ppl claimed to see their face clearing up within a few days of using the regime, doesnt the acne leave the redness initially??What if I only spot the neutrogena on acnes instead of smearing it all over my trouble area, would that be better... ](*,) sigh i'm going nuts.

Heya,  

That's weird because as i see here, ppl claimed to see their face clearing up within a few days of using the regime, doesnt the acne leave the redness initially??What if I only spot the neutrogena on acnes instead of smearing it all over my trouble area, would that be better... ](*,) sigh i'm going nuts.

viKKo, BP only helps with active pimples. It does nothing for red spots that are left over from old acne. While I was on it, I felt like red marks actually took longer to fade, although that was probably all in my head. I would recommend that you go on the regimen because it seems to work very well for people with mild acne. But if you go on it, stick with it, and follow it exactly as Dan says to make sure you give it time to work. Do not put the BP only on active pimples. That will not be enough. It might help your existing pimples to disappear, but by the time they are gone, you will have more new ones coming up, so it really won't help much. The point to the regimen is that when used correctly it helps to prevent pimples in addition to getting rid of existing ones.

Once it gets you clear (no active pimples), then you can start investigating ways to get rid of red marks, such as vinegar, tape, mandelic acid, etc. and slowly incorporating one or more into your regimen. I would recommend that you not do this until you have used the regimen for a while. You will be irritated enough from the BP, so you want to start out doing only what Dan says. If you are really concerned about red marks, then you might want to try using the Eucerin Renewal moisturizer instead of some other ones, because I have heard that it helps with red marks. Dan recommends not starting with that one though, so maybe he or others who have been on the regimen for a while can comment more on whether or not to start with it.

Yeah, I'd wait about 2 months into the regimen before using Eucerin Renewal, maybe 1 month at the earliest. I've been using it for 2 months (Day and Night) and it hasn't seemed to do much for my red marks... they seem exactly the same. Might be because I have really poor skin or something... seems like these marks take forever to fade. The funny thing is, though, that most of them are from zits I DIDN'T pop, and the ones that I did pop left no marks.... hmmm.

It speeds up healing for existing zits because it kills the infection but for zits that have already been popped or have no infection any longer nope. To me it kinda seemed like it made my red marks last longer but it's worth getting rid of the zits.