Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Stephen*

Kojic Acid

im looking into kojic acid, looks pretty promising, but would like any1 who has had experiance with kojic acid to share :)

thanx x

im looking into kojic acid, looks pretty promising, but would like any1 who has had experiance with kojic acid to share :)

thanx x

thanx x

I've used Skinceuticals brand Phyto+... it's primary ingredient is Kojic Acid....

It works amazing... kojic acid is awsome b/c it breaks up melanin and evens your skin tone. It makes your face look bright. I love the stuff.

The Phyto+ is a really high end brand that has lots of research behind it so i would recommend that one if you are looking... probably wont find a better Kojic acid product out there.

thanx x

I've used Skinceuticals brand Phyto+... it's primary ingredient is Kojic Acid....

It works amazing... kojic acid is awsome b/c it breaks up melanin and evens your skin tone. It makes your face look bright. I love the stuff.

The Phyto+ is a really high end brand that has lots of research behind it so i would recommend that one if you are looking... probably wont find a better Kojic acid product out there.

thanx x

So did it help fade your red marks? If it did, how long did it take? ty.

I'm interested in this too. ACV and lemon juice are working, but it's too slow for me. :|

ETA: Oh gosh, I don't think I can afford that! I'll stick to ACV. It's cheap!

did it work on pimples that left a brown mark by any chance? Or was it the brown parts from the sun? Did you notice improvement within 2 weeks or so?

sorry, for the delay. I just now saw this.

I get the majority of my products from SkinWest.com

or Beauty.com

I'm sure it is probably cheaper on EBay but I just don't trust EBay sellers for this type of thing.

I do have red marks, but I got it mostly for brown marks (caused by acne... not the sun).

It definitely fades brown spots... I'm certain of that. And yes... I noticed results within a few days... nothing too dramatic... but you can tell it is starting its work... at least it did for me, and that is why I continue to use it.

I imagine it works for red marks better than ACV considering that ACV claim to fame is all anecdotal (I haven't found any studies to back up the claims that it actually fades marks faster) and Kojic Acid is proven by science.

Read bout it here... http://skinceuticals.com/productItem.asp?p...mp;productID=30

It really is my product of choice for marks... I have found nothing that works better except for one other product that works amazing, like overnight amazing, called Re-Storation Goodnight Facial Cream by Z. Bigatti... but it is like $300 for only 2 ounces. Too much for me at the present time. the Phyto + on the other hand is second to that product but still head and shoulders above anything else imo... plus... a bottle will last you like 3-4 months.

hey thanks. I see 2 products that look very similar though.

http://skincarerx.com/review_box.html?prid=601

http://skincarerx.com/review_box.html?pid=602

Are you using the first one or the second one? The first one has kojic acid but the second one doesn't. I am confused because when i typed in this product on skinwest.com, it shows only

http://www.skinwest.com/cgi-bin/onlineshop..._Corrective_Gel

which shows the 2nd product on skincarerx.

So are you using the first skincarerx product OR the second skincarerx product link that doesnt have kojic acid? thank you.

I've used both of those.

The Phyto Corrective Gel doesn't have Kojic Acid... it is lighter and more calming. It is really made for those who have acneic or really oily skin... or just want something more for soothing rather than fading. I'm down to the last drop on my current bottle that I got for the summer b/c it is lighter and i don't like wearing anything too heavy in hot weather. I use it as my moisturizer.

The Phyto + has Kojic Acid... it does all of the above... but has a far stronger fading/evening effect. It is a bit thicker too. I have an unopened bottle of this that i plan to start using this week since i have marks now again from some past breakouts last month. I just want to switch back to the stronger version now... I will also use this as my moisturizer.

You are supposed to use either product 2 times per day... morning and night.

Both products you apply a very thin layer... and both are non-comodegenic.

hey hughes i have a few more questions. I am also asian as well as the poster before me. Most of my red marks/brown marks happened because of acne. Would you say using this for say 2 weeks, you can see noticeable results? Do you still have brown marks still after you have been using it for a good amount of time? How long of a time have you used this product since you started?

I heard a lot of people say these so called skin lighteners never work by a lot of people which makes me not even want to buy this product since it costs 65 or so.

thank you.

Be very very careful when buying skin care products off of eBay that contain kojic acid (or hydroquinone, or Ester C)

Many times, the products are old and have expired and will have absolutely no effect on your skin. You'll be shelling out a lot of cash for nothing

Personally, kojic acid didn't work for me, but the BIGGEST difference was when I started to wear sunscreen everyday. Once I religiously applied it each morning, the red marks started to fade. My dermatologist told me that the sun will seek out those red marks and "sink" right in them, making them darker (Not great medical terminology, but you get my point)

Sunscreen and Dr. Perricone's Ester C have made a huge difference in my red marks.

Yeah, I would definitely steer way clear of EBay.

I would say you need to use the Phyto + for a good month to really give it a chance.

You'll notice results in 2 weeks... but you'll be happier in a month.

You have to be realistic about these things. Nothing is going to give you dramatic or even really noticable results in 2 weeks... you skin cannot completely regenerate itself to get rid of red marks from deep acne in such a short amount of time. Even when using prescription strength lighteners... you usually need to wait about 8 weeks to see if any improvement will occur. You can help it for sure... by doing other things.

I also wear sunscreen like crazy... that helps te most for sure... the sun is evil when it comes to acne marks... no doubt.

I also use retin-a micro... that helps too.

i think you need to give any product that is based on science (meaning not stuff like ACV) at least a month.

if you use something to fade spots and you think it worked overnight, like some oft he ACV people claim... it is almost positively a placebo effect of the mind and they are just seeing things.

lastly, my old brown marks are completely faded ... and i have been using the product off and on for a good part of 3 years when I feel like i need it.

okay i will definitely stay away from ebay b/c i was afraid of the expired things as well. Also, do i have to wear sunscreen everyday including when i am at home? I have curtains covering my windows when there is a lot of sun but those curtains are sort of see through curtains if you know what i mean.

I curious if this product can cause break outs. I have mild acne.

my skin hates salacylic, glycolic, lactic, acids.

it does however like mandelic

what category does kojic acid most relate to?

I've tried everything as well. I have mild acne.

I am asian, I ordered Phyto+

I will post back in a week.