Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Shell1982

Losing weight on accutane...

I'm 3 weeks in and I've noticed that I've been losing weight…how will this affect my cummulative dose?

Will I end up having to take less??

Hi There,

I don't know the answer to your question, but just wanted to say that I am losing weight too. I am not sure why as I am not doing anything different.

Does anyone know if Accutane makes you lose weight?

Sam

My apetite has decreased a bit too. But, I know the main reason for losing weight is that I'm on a super healthy regime with very little saturated fats and very little carbs aside from rice and oats. I eat quite a lot though (like 5 times a day)...

I just wonder whether this will affect the amount I have to take...

My apetite has decreased a bit too. But, I know the main reason for losing weight is that I'm on a super healthy regime with very little saturated fats and very little carbs aside from rice and oats. I eat quite a lot though (like 5 times a day)...

I just wonder whether this will affect the amount I have to take...

dam... my appetite has increased... I'm worried about gaining weight!! Is that bad?

I was at 63-64 kilos when i started accutane and since gone down to 60-61 kilos my derm told me to be really careful cuz she wouldn't be able to up my dosage if i kept losing weight. She was like especially with summer like as if i was trying to lose wieght but i'm not...

That's just what my derm told me :think:

I wish my appetite would decrease.. It seems like I'm always hungry!

Don't get too hooked up on minimum dosages. You have monthly checkups for a reason. Your derm will look at your face, and can tell you when you've had enough.

I actually gained weight on Accutane and now that I'm done I'm losing it again......don't have to eat all those high fat meals anymore.

Hey, I'm on month 2 of Accutane, I'm actually putting on weight, I have noticed I'm not eating as much but I'm also on the combined contraceptive pill which increases water retention so I guess thats what is making me seem a little bloated from time to time!

i'm making sure i eat 65gs of fat a day. eating any more makes me feel a bit gross. but i don't want to lose too much weight though as i break out worse when i lose weight.