Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Mandy Ann

Would you apply bird droppings to your face?

I promise i'm not crazy or anything for making this thread, but I came across something VERY interesting. In Japan, it's very common to use Japanese Nightingale Droppings, otherwise known as Uguisu no Fun as a deep cleanser and skin smoothing/anti-wrinkle formula. Geisha's often use it in their makeup too because it has some sort of natural bleaching effect. This is a traditional Japanese beauty secret has been around for centuries. :)

Call me insane, but i'm TOTALLY willing to give this stuff a try :ninja: It comes in a cute bottle and completely hygienic. Plus, i'll admit that i'm a total sucker for ANYTHING Japanese :shifty:

http://chidoriyaworld.stores.yahoo.net/nigdrop.html

^That link explains a little more about it .. lol

and here's a little entertaining review of someone who's used it before...

http://www.immortalgeisha.com/editorial_ni...e_droppings.php

Well, lots of us use makeup that contains lanolin (from sheep) and lipstick used to be commonly made with fish scales. :sick:

All the same, I draw the line at bird poo. :lol:

Hahaha! Fullers earth is a cosmetic clay.. One of it's other uses is cat litter! :D

Still, the bird poop thing...Probably not. ;)

Psh if it helps I'd do it. Who wouldn't? Would you live with bad looking skin waking up every morning and feel worse than above mentioned bird droppings or would you use that and have clear skin forever? :P

^ I read this bird dropping bit in the book Memoirs of a Geisha. Weird - but kind of fascinating. I think I'd try it.

does it smell like bird droppings? :think:

That's my question too...

There's some super expensive wrinkle cream made from the foreskins of circumcised babies :X

Supposedly a lot of celebrities use it :X

The lady who used it said it smelled musky. :| I dislike musk, but... It's $17.99 - I may try it, we'll see...

That is so freaking gross. I'm sorry, but I refuse to put animal manure on my face, I don't care what the benefits are. And I'm already pasty enough, I don't need any more help to get paler. I never understood what the fascination with the paper white skin is. When I was little my dad took me to see a kimono performance and their makeup scared the shit out of me. Gave me nightmares for days.

^ well i thought that it might lighten red marks, and if it does than i would be really interested.

also, does it look like bird droppings? i mean, they don't just get that stuff, add some preservatives and put it in the container, right? some artificial coloring wouldn't hurt. make it pink, and smell like oranges or something.

May, thats what I was thinking.. it would probably help lighten redmarks since it has natural bleaching properties in it.

As for the bird poop, its completely 100% free of bacteria and its in powder form... you take like a 1/2 teaspoon out of the bottle, mix it with some water so it turns into a paste.. then massage it onto your skin :teehee:

I promise i'm not crazy or anything for making this thread, but I came across something VERY interesting. In Japan, it's very common to use Japanese Nightingale Droppings, otherwise known as Uguisu no Fun as a deep cleanser and skin smoothing/anti-wrinkle formula. Geisha's often use it in their makeup too because it has some sort of natural bleaching effect. This is a traditional Japanese beauty secret has been around for centuries. :)

Call me insane, but i'm TOTALLY willing to give this stuff a try :ninja: It comes in a cute bottle and completely hygienic. Plus, i'll admit that i'm a total sucker for ANYTHING Japanese :shifty:

http://chidoriyaworld.stores.yahoo.net/nigdrop.html

^That link explains a little more about it .. lol

and here's a little entertaining review of someone who's used it before...

http://www.immortalgeisha.com/editorial_ni...e_droppings.php

aahhhhh, don't do it while you are on Accutane, you don't want to irritate your skin.

So thats what lanolin is :o I had no idea! lol

Yes, lanolin is the oily substance on sheep skin that helps to water-seal their wool and their skin.

does it smell like bird droppings? :think:

That's my question too...

There's some super expensive wrinkle cream made from the foreskins of circumcised babies :X

Supposedly a lot of celebrities use it :X

I've lived in Japan for a while and I've never heard nor seen that anywhere. It's definitely not very common. It looks like something old women would use here.