Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
thecure

How I cured my acne!! FINALLY WOOHOO!

While I still have a few zits on my face, mostly whiteheads, I am sure my acne is on the way out finally, and how I did it is really simple. Im am 20 years old and have had really bad acne since grade 10. Blackheads, whiteheads that wouldn't go away and those big lumps that hurt with new ones coming up pretty much every morning. Really really really bad acne. Now for the easy part. :D all I do is every day I put a wet cloth in the microwave and get it really hot. 1 minute usually does it. Then I take it out of the microwave, please be careful, the cloth has boiling hot water on it. I throw it back and forth from hand to hand until it is bearable on my skin. Then I was my face with it, no soap no nothing. I rinse the cloth out then repeat like three times in a row before I go to bed. When I first started I had one of those big systic type zits that hurt and right away when I was done it didn't hurt anymore and stopped getting bigger. And my face felt really clean. Ive been doing it for about 2 weeks and now I dont get any new acne and all the whiteheads are coming to the surface and leaving for good. A couple areas on my face that were notoriously bad and always got acne like my cheekbone areas and my temples, along my jaw and along my eyebrows are pretty much acne free now, just the last few stragglers to go but they are getting smaller and going. My face used to look like a freaking pizza and now I look in the mirror and the only blatant marks on my face are from my dimples smiling back at me. I even got hit on twice in the last week by CHICKS. I tried the regiment from this website and even that didn't really work for me and I gave up. This may not work for everyone, but hey its free, I may sound like a salesman but if you have acne and you find a cure that actually works you'd be telling the world too. Why I think it works is because both your hands and face get totally cleaned of bacteria and it opens up your pores and makes you sweat then you wash the dirt away right away. Even if you touch your face a lot your hands dont have a lot of bacteria on them. Good luck people, as for me, my life is just starting out and I am finally HAPPY! Please post here if you have tried this for yourself or if you are just trying it out and tell me your results, I'll keep checking in because Im anxious to hear if this helps other people.

Good to hear you are almost acne-free now. I went to a beauty salon a few years ago, when my acne was very very bad. They use a hot cloth as well to open op the pores.

I'm just wondering, you're not using any soap or any topicals like bp at all?

sounds believable

the hot cloth probably opens your pores to a huge extend

but i take it you use some kind of topical treatment, to fill inot the pores afterwards?

I used to do the regimen, it didn't work, now I just wash my face with normal soap when I shower in the morning, but nothing else at all, just the cloth. I got really mad at acne treatments when none of them worked and kind of gave up completely, then I just saw some guy washing his face in a movie with a hot cloth and thought I'd give it a try and it worked better than anything Ive tried. You probably shouldn't give up your regular routine, maybe just add this in if you're not doing it already.

I did that a couple times, my face was never as bad as yours so I did it a few times a week for about a month and all I get is a few zits in my breakout cycle! It really does work. believe it or not, it does work. I couldn't beleive how well my face got! :X

hey cure, can u explain a little more. Do u wash u rub ur face with the washcloth or just pat it. and do u do this instaed of washing with a cleanser or waht. thanks

Im so happy for you man and the microwave treatment is working a success with ppl! :) I do the wash cloth also at night, but afterwards I still wash and its awsome! Good luck man and hopefully more ppl will follow the wash cloth method!

Guest romafan53

Hey i dont know if your still around dude but could you be more specific, like do you use it 3 times before you go to bed or during the day??Do you pat it or just leave it on the area and for how long and you say repeat 3 times, do you mean put it back in the microwave 3 times or just put the cloth on 3 times? Also what do you put the cloth in? i have a small spot on my back, would this work?

Well, I do the same thing. All you do is basically put a hot steamy washcloth on your face and let it sit there until it cools, rinse and then repeat it. You do this three times in a row right before you go to bed. Does that help?

I have had a fairly decent result from it. The next morning I really don't break out from it all that bad. What the hot water does is it pulls the dirt from under your skin, and helps with breakouts. I really like it. I never remember to do it very often but when I do, I get less pimples.

Sounds really like a good way to exfoliate. Softening all the

dead skin cells so they're easier to wipe off. Doing it more than once makes sure you don't leave behind any stubborn stragglers (and do we all know how stubborn the stragglers can be.) May try it, but not while my skin is as sensitive as it is right now. Going to give the bp treatment a decent try, first.

if this method works, then washing your face with HOT hot water would work better than just using a towel. The HOT hot water would open the pores and rinse the bacteria out at the same time, rather than having to reheat the cloth several times. Try washing with hotter water.

if this method works, then washing your face with HOT hot water would work better than just using a towel.  The HOT hot water would open the pores and rinse the bacteria out at the same time, rather than having to reheat the cloth several times.  Try washing with hotter water.

just try splashing water on your face at night and in the morning!

dont use any products!

no cleaseners, moisturizers, whatever. that shit just clogs your pores, giving you white heads, if the only time your touching your face is to splash water on it, what is going to collect in your pores?

NOTHING.

seriously.

its all the products everyone on here uses. rubbing 50 things into your face? no wonder all of our faces are all blotchy and broken out!

ive stopped using ALL this crap on my face.

i just splash water on and thats it

its a bit dry. but ive been going for 5 days and ive noticed A HUGE IMPROVEMENT.

TRY DOING NOTHING TO YOUR FACE FOR A CHANGE!

I looked into something before which was abased wholey round a water method..

Had alot to it but basic's i remember was swilling face with water so many times at certain times(But using certain products of theres).

I never ended up going for it bcuz it cost ALOT of money at the time.. But i still use the swilling method when washing my face which does work well when washing.

I always swill with coldwater after tho which no-one seems to of mentioned ... To close pores again.

Im may just try this facecloth method.. Cheers for sharing it smile.gif

hmmm, interesting thread.

if my personal regime fails me, i may consider using the wash cloth fix.

thecure, wasn't very thorough when explaining the procedure. i can only assume he ment the steps listed below:

1. dampen cloth and microwave for ~ 1min

2. let the cloth simmer/cool until skin can tolerate the heat.

3. gently massage cloth into face as if washing with soap.

4. stop massaging and let face settle down.

5. repeat steps 1-4 (2 more times)

questions:

1. after the routine has been completed 3X would we need to wash our face with a facial cleanser?

2. would BP be necessary?

3. how often do you do this? in the evening only or would morning be okay as well.

4. wouldn't taking a shower be a more suitable substitute? steam from the shower will open the pores just the same way the cloth would.