Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
User24582

Body Absorbs 5lb of Cosmetics Chemicals a Year

I grew up with 2 sisters and 2 really close female friends. Between them and all my girlfriends I can't see how anyone would go through 5lbs of makeup a year. 90% of the weight of those things is the glass bottle.

I think they included other things because only stuff like shampoo, conditioner and hairspray could account for that weight. Toothpaste and makeup isn't that heavy at all.

I'm okay with absorbing a bit of my topicals. Medications are very, very, very, very tested. I'll pay tribute to the poor little lab rats who were sacrificed by trusting the results. I'll deal if I'm wrong.

I'm more ignorant about the cosmetics industry than the pharmaceutical industry. Testing probably isn't quite as stringent, but is still perfectly adequate for my tastes.

That website goes a bit too far. If they didn't exaggerate and fear-monger, maybe they really could help people and make them more aware.

I'll buy the perfect teeth thing if you eat a forager-type diet, the diet we actually evolved to eat. People only really started getting dental caries with the invention of agriculture.

So the thread stats are sitting at

LabGirl - 3

Healthoid - 0

Healthoid you've been talking to THEREALCURE or someone too much if you think that healthy people don't have bad breath. BOTH healthy and unhealthy people can have bad breath.

On a similar topic, farts also stink from a healthy person.

Lessons you should learn in this thread:

YOUR SHIT STINKS TOO

USE TOOTHPASTE FFS

But if you're eating healthy, toothpaste is just a waste of time and money and will hurt you more than help.

How exactly does it 'hurt' you? My great problem with these holistic claims that topicals, toothpaste and such like are bad for you, is that they are utilised by the huge majority of the developed world. If these products truly are 'bad' for you, then the numbers of people with "toxic problems" (or whatever they cause :rolleyes::think: ) must be staggering.

But if you're eating healthy, toothpaste is just a waste of time and money and will hurt you more than help.

How exactly does it 'hurt' you? My great problem with these holistic claims that topicals, toothpaste and such like are bad for you, is that they are utilised by the huge majority of the developed world. If these products truly are 'bad' for you, then the numbers of people with "toxic problems" (or whatever they cause :rolleyes::think: ) must be staggering.

So the thread stats are sitting at

LabGirl - 3

Healthoid - 0

Healthoid you've been talking to THEREALCURE or someone too much if you think that healthy people don't have bad breath. BOTH healthy and unhealthy people can have bad breath.

On a similar topic, farts also stink from a healthy person.

Lessons you should learn in this thread:

YOUR SHIT STINKS TOO

USE TOOTHPASTE FFS

hmm, i believe i read that acne affects girls more than boys...anyone else hear that? I would imagine make up might have a little something to do with that! :think:

well no, generally acne affects boys more during teenage years, and the acne is more severe. but it is much more common for women to have adult acne for hormonal reasons. (coming off of birth control, ect...)

That's funny, because I almost do everything you say there. I put nothing on my face except water and only occasionally soap. I went almost a whole month with no soap on my face and my skin never looked better. I've completely stopped using toothpaste and my teeth look fantastic. I've worn sunscreen once in the last 2 years...

clean your teeth, that's gross.

LOL yes, I still use a toothbrush :). I enjoy being called disgusting when my teeth look so much better than anyone elses. Last time I went to the dentist, they brought in all the other assistants just to come look at how good my teeth looked. I think I would've broken their brains if I told them that I wasn't even using fluoride toothpaste at the time.

See the book Nutrition and Physical Degeneration to see how dental health is not about how you clean your teeth, but about what you eat.

And bad breath? Nonexistent. Bad breath comes from undigested food in your intestines. The people that use listerine and mints and gum on a regular basis are the ones you should stay away from...they're rotting on the inside.

Think again hot shot. Your teeth will get pwned any day any time of the week, even after I eat nachos and a piece of fudge. The dentist brought others in to show what a bad case of plaque looks like. Case closed.

ok, that's still disgusting, you need to brush your teeth WITH TOOTHPASTE. i don't care how "healthy" you are trying to be. a little toothpaste is not going to kill you.

Necromancer you have got to be the most irritating kid i have seen on an internet forums.

Every single post you make is constant bragging along with that pointless case closed ninja smilie crap.

Healthoid is trying to express her point of view and all you're doing is put dismiss it with no argument whatsoever and constant retarded bragging.

If you can't contribute, don't post.

Hmmm, well there is a rising prevalence of many diseases in the developed world; Autism, Alzheimers and other neurodegenerative diseases, allergies, cancer, the list goes on. In fact, the increased prevalence of autism is "staggering." It cannot be accounted for by "genetics" alone. I'm not saying it's necessarily caused by cosmetics alone, but certainly part of the cause is environmental.

Healthoid you are probably the same type nutbag who thinks that humans need to get colonics and carry impacted crap in their bowels, another urban legend.

Not everything we use is ideal but LabGirl is right, there is a level of safety testing conducted and we are not going to die from using topicals nor will we contact cancer therefrom. Please place the tin foil hat back on and resume waiting for the hippie solar burlap revolution while washing yourself with 'natural' spring water and Dr. Bronners. You sound like one of his labels.

As Necro would say, CASE CLOSED.

Think again hot shot. Your teeth will get pwned any day any time of the week, even after I eat nachos and a piece of fudge. The dentist brought others in to show what a bad case of plaque looks like. Case closed.

I'm not sure what you're trying to say here. You eat nachos and fudge and you still have good teeth? Is that something to be proud of?

Like I said before, sparkling on the outside, rotting on the inside.

Just read Nutrition and Physical Degeneration. It's a great book. Case closed.

:ninja:

Wrong in every way. Case closed.

:ninja:

harsh chemicals have made my skin super clear, so i'll stick with them :) i really don't believe that topicals pose as much of a health hazard as that article wants you to think.

Guest T-Virus
Meh, i'm still gonna use my topicals.

I tried holistic route, did nothing but bring back my blackheads on my nose, and some more acne.

Topicals, ftw.

Healthoid you are probably the same type nutbag who thinks that humans need to get colonics and carry impacted crap in their bowels, another urban legend.

Not everything we use is ideal but LabGirl is right, there is a level of safety testing conducted and we are not going to die from using topicals nor will we contact cancer therefrom. Please place the tin foil hat back on and resume waiting for the hippie solar burlap revolution while washing yourself with 'natural' spring water and Dr. Bronners. You sound like one of his labels.

I don't believe in colonics. When it comes to health improvement (and improving your skin), I come from the school of "do what works". IMO, colonics don't work.

I hate to burst your bubble, but last I checked LabGirl was suffering from all kinds of weird health problems, having seizures, on tons of different prescription meds, etc. I don't mean to get down on her and I wish her the best in her journey to improve her health, but you have to look at the source when you take advice from anyone.

I don't believe in colonics. When it comes to health improvement (and improving your skin), I come from the school of "do what works". IMO, colonics don't work.

I hate to burst your bubble, but last I checked LabGirl was suffering from all kinds of weird health problems, having seizures, on tons of different prescription meds, etc. I don't mean to get down on her and I wish her the best in her journey to improve her health, but you have to look at the source when you take advice from anyone.

I really don't mean any offense to LabGirl, but I think it's important when taking advice from anyone, that you know where they're coming from.

I was in very bad health at one point in my life, so I know what it's like to be there. I was on tons of prescription meds too, taking tons of supplements, and doing everything that I thought was the right, scientifically correct way to do things.

None of it worked.

And slowly I pulled myself out of that situation all on my own, using holistic methods. It took me over 5 years of research and experimentation. Today I take zero drugs and I'm in better health than the vast majority of the population. I made a complete turnaround.

And that's why I feel I'm qualified to give advice on how to improve your health.

But I encourage you to make up your own mind. If you think LabGirls advice is better than mine, take hers. Only you can decide what rings true for you.

Guest T-Virus

^ Are you suggesting that Labgirl should use magical herbs to treat her bipolar disorder?

Its kind of a vicious circle, because I HAVE to wear makeup to cover my acne, but I end up getting more acne by doing so, but even without wearing makeup I still get acne. Theres so many things that can cause acne, its just really frustrating.