Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

So heres the scoop:

I had pretty bad acne with 3 or 4 inflamed zits at basically all times. It was really bad :snooty: I used proactiv and that was a bust. I've used DKR since about the beginning of April and I have cleared up dramatically so far. After reading what other people had to say about their results, I figured I would give this a shot. After the first week or so I saw some definite improvements, but noticed alot of redness and dryness too. The whole "it will get worse before it get better" theory really played in with me. About a month in things started going downhill. So I figure, maybe the website has more tips on how to do it right. Low and behold, I come to acne.org seeing this brand new layout and so many more tips on how to deal with my problem. This place was like heaven :wub: . I pick up on th tips and go along, and my face has cleared up dramatically in about 3 months, about 75%. No large ones, the occasional small one, and red marks from previous ones are fading. So heres where I am now.

I was pretty clear this morning, with my one big one healing up pretty nicely. Five straight days of hockey plus only able to do the regimen once a day for 2 of those days didn't really help much, but it has gotten better. So...I wake up today to pretty good skin. I go to hockey practice tonight and sweat like a pig, and I find a bunch of small pimples around my mouth and cheeks where my helmet was :confused: They aren't big, so I'm not worried...yet.

Next day-

I LOVE THIS STUFF. After only two BP applications my face, which was the worst its been in two months, have shown HUGE improvements after just a day. Now they are barley noticeable from more than a foot away. I'm runnin low on my BP so I have to get some more of that, and I can't wait until the moisturizer comes out Dan! (mine is horrible)

-j

Not much to say, getting progressively better.

Does diet affect everybody? I know people say to cut down on dairy alot, but the other day I had two bowls o cereal (w/ milk), two egg bagel things, and a bowl of ice cream and didnt see any change in my skin. And do I have to eliminate all dairy? Or just cut down?

Woohoo, I'm glad things keep getting better!

I've never, ever noticed any connection between what I ate and acne. Not to say that there isn't one for anybody, but if you don't strongly suspect that dairy or grains are triggering breakouts for you, it's not worth stressing over, IMO. You might just search for info about dairy in the Diet/Holistic Health forum, but take everything you read with a big huge rock chunk of salt.

Welp,last night I ran out of BP. I reordered on wednesday last week so i should get it soon, so we will see. the past few days i've been rationing it so i just barley get half a finger's worth on my face once a day. Luckily, things are still pretty clear and only one new zit has popped up (its like not even 3 mm wide, so im not worried). Anyone have nay tips to keep clear for the bit I don't have the BP? I have learned alot in general skin care here, like not picking and not irritating it.(My acne really isn't that bad, I guess you'd call it normal teenager stuff. but it was just magnified x1000 because i was constantly picking and fiddling with my skin which would make the zits about 5 times bigger than they would be if I just left them alone). So i'm not worried yet, and things are looking up :dance:

Well, the one that had popped up earlier got bigger and red, but nothing else after 2 or 3 days of no BP. Hopefully i'll get it tommorow.

Well, it's been really up down these past few days. I went about 6 days without BP and my skin started to break out alot again. So Thursday I finally got my BP, and started again with the full finger. At this point I had alot of whiteheads all over my left side. So, Friday, we went on vacation and drove for about 8 hours. I spent alot of time put in the sun, and ate alot of fried chicken and burgers :whistle:. You would think that would really mess up my skin, but it didnt. :dance: . So now I'm back home and after all that and another 10 hour car ride stuck in a traffic jam with no air conditioning in 95 degree heat and humidity, my skin is almost clear again. A weeks worth of bad skin gone after just 4 days of using BP again :dance::dance::dance: I also noticed that my skin has gotten used to the BP and dries quicker and doesn't make my skin irritated as much. If I keep up this upward trend, I should be all clear by the time school starts! wooo!

So far so good. Nothing big has popped up yet, and the little thing that have are gone in a day. Now, I'm in a bit of a crossroads here. I have always used BP twice a day, and that has finally gotten me clear. Now that I'm clear, once in a while I only do the BP once a day. When I don't do it in the morning, I feel my skin is not as dry and irritated looking. So I was thinking that I could do the entire regimen every night, and not do it in the morning all the time. Maybe do like a spot-treatment on spots that might be broken out? I dont know if there would be any repercussions about this, but from when I did it before, there were no problems. Any suggestions?

The only possible repercussions from dropping the regimen down to once a day are, as you might guess, extra breakouts because you're not using BP as often. You'll never know until you try, though. A number of posters here have been successful with it. I'd say you're a good candidate for once a day BP if your acne was on the mild side to begin with.

Thanks Kim, I think I might try this for a week or two and see how it plays out. I don't know why, it seems some days my face is more irritated than others. But no big zits have come yet, and my red marks are slowly, but surely, fading :dance:

I think I jinxed myself yesterday. Woke up this morning with a little breakout. Just 2 or 3 veryveryveryvery small red dots on my cheeks, and one red one under my lip. Its red and painful, but I'm trying to keep the urge to pop it :whistle: . I was touching my face ALOT yesterday, so that probably didnt help.

I think I jinxed myself yesterday. Woke up this morning with a little breakout. Just 2 or 3 veryveryveryvery small red dots on my cheeks, and one red one under my lip. Its red and painful, but I'm trying to keep the urge to pop it :whistle: . I was touching my face ALOT yesterday, so that probably didnt help.

Things are looking good :surprised: . Last week i was at hockey camp so i only had time to do the regimen once a day. Now i'm back twice a day and its great :dance: . I'm really greatful or this stuff, is has been great for me. Definatley the clearest i've been since I was about 12. Today at the movies some girl just came out of the blue and asked me out :lol: . It was kinda funny.

As long as I keep at it things should be good :dance:

Ugh, things aren't good. I was out in the 98 degree heat ALL day today without any sunscreen :evil: . Now my face is very red and it looks terrible. Luckily, I don't have any zits that are inflamed right now. BUT, almost all of my pores are clogged and it gives my face a really bad, red look to it. I think the problem is my moisturizer. I think I have been putting WAAAY too much on, and thats why it never dries. Because it never dries, I have to wipe it off with a tissue, and that really irritates my skin causing it to be more red and the pores to be clogged. So, I'm gonna have to cut back on the moisturizer, get back on the regimen twice a day, remember to wear sunscreen, and maybe consider getting Dan's moisturizer.

Things aren't too bad now, just need to get back on the regimen. One or two red dots, but nothing severe. The moisturizer is killing me though :think: . Reading more on Dan's, I think I will get that.

I'm back on the regimen twice a day now, my breakout from this weekend is almost clear except for one near my mouth, which is on its way out. I've noticed a couple nasty cysts on my back too, but they usually disappear in a few days. My skin hasn't been too good latley because the past few days I've just been sitting around the house doing nothing. It's too hot to go outside, so i'm stuck indoors, for now. I'm actually looking forward to school now...

Things are looking really good :D . My face is all clear except for a little breakout on my right side of my face because I didn't do the regimen in the morning this weekend. Other than that, my face is fine. Also, my redmarks from when before I started the regimen have cleared up about 95% since then. Hopefully I can still keep up and my face won't be too bad after another full week of hockey coming up.

Crap. Well, this past week hasn't been very good, but it's from my own doing. I haven't been very consistant on the regimen, picking, and eating crap. Now, I'm trying to get back on track again, hopefully before school starts again I'll be clear :think:

rrgrgrgr. I'm running low on BP again so i'm only on the regimen once a day. My face has broken out like crazy, not looking good. I really hope the BP comes by this weekend so i can clear this all up.

I still think I am using too much BP sometimes. How long does it usually take for most people to finish a tube? For me its about 3 weeks to a month, and i thnik i've been going through it way too much...anyway i'll still keep in touch with school starting soon. Later

Hey everyone, haven't updated in a while. So far things are pretty good. I'm on the regimen once a day so nothing gets too dried out, and things have been tolerable. Still have some redmarks, and might be considering ACV soon.

But now that I;m in senior high, I was pretty surprised to see how many people actually have acne. atleast 1/5 of the entire school has it to some degree, with alot worse than me. That makes me feel kinda normal now knowing that everybody goes through this at one point, I just hit puberty earlier than anyone else. So, things are pretty good, i'llpost back when I find the time :)