Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

So, I went on this week long camping trip - got back last Saturday and my skin is STILL a mess. I am still sunburnt and uber flaky, not to mention breaking out and having those old zits taking forever to heal due to the sunburn. It's making work a little embarressing, since my skin has been really clear before this.

I know my acne is mild (and really, it is), but I just felt like I needed to vent about it. And since this is where you can do that, here I am. Thanks for listening.

So, I went on this week long camping trip - got back last Saturday and my skin is STILL a mess. I am still sunburnt and uber flaky, not to mention breaking out and having those old zits taking forever to heal due to the sunburn. It's making work a little embarressing, since my skin has been really clear before this.

I know my acne is mild (and really, it is), but I just felt like I needed to vent about it. And since this is where you can do that, here I am. Thanks for listening.

Well, black people do sunburn, it just doesn't get as red - but the pain is the same. But yeah, no matter who you are, sunburn sucks. I even had on like uber 80 gazillion SPF and still burned. :doh:

I hope you feel better soon, hon. :comfort:

I got sunburned a few weeks ago, and I think I have this permanent pigmentation on my forehead. It sucks. =/

Aawww sorry to hear about that Elsewhere. It really sucks when your skin has been looking great for so long and then all hell breaks loose.

We're a little in the same boat. I'm (finally!) clear from accutane but now all my oil and large pores have returned. I'm grateful it's not acne, but I got so used to having china doll skin and now......I don't.

I hope things get better! :wub:

Well, black people do sunburn, it just doesn't get as red - but the pain is the same. But yeah, no matter who you are, sunburn sucks. I even had on like uber 80 gazillion SPF and still burned. :doh:

lol - thanks anyways, Vivi! And thank you guys sooo much for the support! I'm feeling better already! Thank you!

lol - thanks anyways, Vivi! And thank you guys sooo much for the support! I'm feeling better already! Thank you!

Hey Elsewhere, I completely understand. I also had clear skin for a while, but then I moved and started a new job and OF COURSE my skin flares up and I'm broken out all over again. I HATE feeling "unprofessional" at work and worrying about first impressions because of my acne.

But i am sticking to the regimen, and drinking lots of water, and it's been clearing up...just take care of your skin and yourself and you'll be clear again soon!!! Hang in there :dance:

Sunburns are awful, I feel you on that, the peeling and redness really really suck, especially with acne topicals on top of it. Have your tried some aloe vera gel yet? I think maybe doing BP once a day and using tons of aloe might help your skin to heal faster and hopefully keep the breakouts in check.

Hey Elsewhere. Sorry to hear about not only the sunburn but the breaking out, too. I'd been so clear for almost a month now, and now the Green Cream is kicking in. Soooo, I feel for you!

You'll get back to clear again! Never fear. :)

Hey Elsewhere. Sorry to hear about not only the sunburn but the breaking out, too. I'd been so clear for almost a month now, and now the Green Cream is kicking in. Soooo, I feel for you!

You'll get back to clear again! Never fear. :)

My grandmother picked cotton for twelve hours a day in the blazing sun and never got sunburned, lol. Black ppl don't get sunburned, unless you're really, really light-skinned and then you're barely black anyways lol.