Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I am on 50mg per day weigh 160lbs and this is week 3 of 16 weeks

up till now slight dryness of lips, oily skin 2nd week but nice and clear

this week the oil has gone, dryness has set in. Dry peeling sore scalp - must go to GP to see whether they can give me anything to help with it

lips are bearable, one corner is sore and might crack and bleed, using vaseline with aloe and neutrogena lip care (neutrogena not so good at night, doesn't feel like it lasts)

washing two - three times daily (depending on oil) with Cidal soap, using aloe vera gel on face, neutrogena body lotion all over

scalp feels so itchy and is flaking quite a lot it looks vile i keep washing my hair, this isn't helping.Top of Arms are peeling where i have small lumps that i was told was rosacea a while back and given some Calmurid cream, all the lumps have white outlines now - looks strange! peeling patches on neck, shoulders and chest but they are ok, not bothering me at all

do feel quite low and miserable, tearful but its my period and this doesn't help with backache and i also have a head cold

Doing so so well!

history is:

parents both seem to have acne that is untreated, no meds and they pick pick pick also very dry skin on head and body and scalp. Sister is similar to me and has been struggling with acne for a while now, but i am the only one to take it further

Started with large cysts around age 14/15 from just the odd small spot. Given topicals for these then eventually Dianette and Microgynon pills - which worked fine. Around age 19 had the depot injection, which made me gain weight, so i stopped any contraceptives. Migraines with aura since about age 8 and a GP realised i should not be on these pills, so i stopped totally.

Fell pregnant in 2002 baby girl same year, and then again in 2003/04 my younger daughter born in August 2004. Gained a lot of weight and from photos this is when my cystic acne got a whole lot worse. Always had blackheads on my nose as large pores but i started to notice really bad cysts and whitehead spots around the time of my period, that start the week before, disappear the week after and then i am clear for about a week total - but the scarring is increasing every time and this is limited to my chin area, now its spreading up my face to cheeks and forehead where it never was before. Periods are heavy and painful,i am very hairy - have to shave most days and pluck eyebrows all the time, facial hair etc which really gets me down.

2 years ago my sister was getting married so i lost a lot of weight and after this my chin acne worsened even more so diet made no difference. Started on Tetracycline which made no difference at all, i was still forming a lot of cysts on 1000mg a day. Started Erythromycin which made me feel and be really sick so stopped for a few weeks, then started Tetracycline again. Given Duac cream, zineryt, BP burned my face really bad so had to stop this. Went to the doctor for a referal (i am in the uk) crying the day i had a wisdom teeth extracted and had 3 cysts on my face which hurt like hell also the BP burns and got it straight away - finally!

Saw the derm beginning of June given Isotretinoin immediately although i have reservations as i think mine is largely hormonal related. Waiting for blood tests results although i have started to take it already! I am going to ask for a hormone blood test this week, as i really think they should do this

Hi there!

I hope you dont mind me saying but you really should see a Doctor and be tested for polycystic ovary syndrome. You appear to have all of the symptoms. There is treatment for this syndrome and it can be picked up with a blood test. I wish you all the best and hope you investigate the above it could be the answer to many of your problems.

Goodluck Kel :)

Yeh my lips got so dry I looked like Angelina Jolie hahah just which I took them earlier...would have preventend the scars...but by the way it's good you took the drug....

I agree about PCOS but it doesn't seem to matter what i say - i can conceive so they wont do any testing! (bloody NHS)

Today my head cold is going, i have had a migraine for 2 days i think i finally got rid of it, tried not to take too many painkillers and kill it with sleep instead. Lips so so dry but they dont bother me that much. Scalp does bother me, which i could sort it out but think its just something i have to learn to live with

I have one chin cyst, where the skin is really fragile it burst when i was drying my face with a towel, loads of stuff came out but its healing up now the skin is like paper keeps peeling off all my spots and around my nose. But i dont really mind, my skin otherwise does look really good actually and people keep noticing it

I dont have a clue how to get out all the blackheads or just leave them though

Really!! Cant believe they will not test you. I guess our health care systems are very different but that is terrible!! It shouldnt matter that you can concieve! That makes me mad! :evil:

Sorry to hear you have bad cold and migrane to add to your woes.

Good that your skin is looking pretty good!

Get well soon

I am STILL ill. Now i think its on my chest. Great!

but oil has gone, its dry yes, but i can deal with that, its not unbearable or itchy or that bad at all. I yawned today and lips cracked right in the corner... OW

I went out Friday night and my skin looked amazing, i felt so confident. Its still a bit lumpy, blackheads on nose but no whiteheads or cysts at all and the scarring looks so so much better - i wasnt expecting that!!!! My skin is soft and people tell me 'glowing'

i do have a couple of spots today but nothing bad or even that noticeable, i know they are there but they are fine

I am just sick of being ill at the moment with coughs and colds

Thats no good you are still sick with your cold. Take good care of yourself.

Thanks for your post on my log. I am dealing with it ok. Hope I have a friday night out soon with great skin! Thats great...you must be feeling a lot better. This stuff really is amazing. Yeah it is a roller coaster ride for sure, but it is great to hear of everyones great results :)

Keep it up and get well soon

Kel

i forgot about my log!

things going well, have had a few active spots but they really heal up quick and are there for only a couple of days. Skin is seriously dry and thats spreading to arms and other places and lips are still a bit irritating having to constantly search out your lip balms lol

Went to a Justin Timberlake concert in London last night (sooooooooo goooooood) and forgot to take my tablets. Blame Justin lol!

Feeling so much more confident lately and everyone i know stops me to tell me my skin looks great

i will do some photos soon i keep meaning to. About 3 more weeks until i see consultant. I am finding no drinking quite hard, well i am British lol

Congratulations that it's going so well! Remember though to drink lots of fluids! You pretty much have to increase your intake over and above what you drank BA (Before Accutane).

Don't get discouraged if this clearing is a false hope...sometimes skin gets rude while on Accutane: it gets clear at first, rebels significantly, and then clears again.

Wynne you are such a sweetie thanks for replying to my thread

I am really stressing out, i do have a few active spots but they are nothing compared to what i had before

what is awful is now this rash i thought was a chemical allergy of some sort turns out to be a side effect although i can't see the consultant, so i had to see the GP who put me on steroid creams, as its that bad and spreading. Its nasty, burns, hurts like hell, my clothes rub it and its making me feel upset :(

the active spots are now huge. 2 on forehead, one either side of mouth and one sort of edge of face/neck - that one is huge

they dont have heads and ooze yellow/clear fluid, hurt like hell and look awful. They dont seem like cysts actually though. The one on my neck area is red all around it and rock hard

really fed up with this whole thing, these spots are so sore and huge and HORRIBLE

grrrr

skin is otherwise nasty too, the rash isn't showing any signs of leaving

Hi Sarah

Sorry I havent read your log for a while. seems things have gone good and then started to get bad again.

I guess one positive is you know it can get good and will get good! :) That sounds like bad English but you know what I mean.

Keep positive it will clear again.

Kel

thank you its hard when it looks lovely, so amazing for the first time in years then it all goes wrong. I start worrying its something i have done wrong, or maybe my dosage is wrong or maybe its not going to work

The ones i had i fiddled with stupidly. They are now flat red shiny marks but at least they are not indented (i dont have any indented marks so lucky) and there are a couple more really painful (more painful than usual) but tiny pimples on my forehead

when i get pimples they seem to disappear really quick, quicker than they ever used to, this is strange!

here is hoping for a better couple weeks but i see derm on 26th July, bet i have perfect skin and she wont believe me haha!

yesterday i could feel hard lumps on my chin area, and now they have swollen overnight.

I am due my period next week its the only thing i can think - i have been clear for a while now its period time coming and they are coming back. And i dont understand how its purging when cysts and pustules are forming in places where they have already formed and not near any obvious blocked pores (chin and lower cheek) or over any lumps, that skin was previously very flat now

seem to have cleared up again really fast and no active spots for a few days

seeing derm today hopefully she can help with the skin on my arms

Waiting for blood tests results although i have started to take it already! I am going to ask for a hormone blood test this week, as i really think they should do this

saw the derm and she lowered my dose to 40mg a day. She isn't doing any more bloods (she is crazy) so i have to go to the gp for these now. I have been getting headaches loads and hopefully the lower dose might help reduce these

gave me creams for my eczema which has really helped, its nearly all gone

My skin is looking great, i still have active spots here and there but how can i put it, it doesn't look so angry and inflamed. It also heals up really fast

the only other thing is that i showed her some other lumps i have been getting, on my body and she advised me to call her office if they persist and she will take a closer look at them.

Well haven't been on for a few weeks

Back to report perfectly clear skin. Not a single active. I did have 2 a couple of weeks ago, but nothing since they healed, and i can't feel anything getting ready to come up. The lump i had on my chest has gone down, but that was really sore and nasty! The acne i had all on the tops of my arms - gone. Skin is so soft. Now i am taking 40mg a day

I have been having a little bit of alcohol... naughty lol. I feel ok but i really must get the blood tests sorted out from the GP