Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
tdot

Thinking about taking Saw Palmetto

........... I am on the birth control pill though and am wondering if this will affect the way my pill works?? I really would like to start taking it because I have hormoal acne (on my cheeks and around my mouth and jawline), I am wondering about a good brand to get... I heard that you really have to get a GOOD brand and the right amount of extract for it to work?? Thanks MUCHLY...

........... I am on the birth control pill though and am wondering if this will affect the way my pill works?? I really would like to start taking it because I have hormoal acne (on my cheeks and around my mouth and jawline), I am wondering about a good brand to get... I heard that you really have to get a GOOD brand and the right amount of extract for it to work?? Thanks MUCHLY...

Is hormonal acne ALWAYS cause by too much DHT?? Is it possible for acne to be caused by too much estrogen? I'm not sure exactly how that works??

Is hormonal acne ALWAYS cause by too much DHT?? Is it possible for acne to be caused by too much estrogen? I'm not sure exactly how that works??

Tdot, I was wondering the same thing... I did a little research and found out that Saw Palmetto CAN effect birth control (which i'm on also) and to contact your doctor and have them moniter you if you are planning on taking SP.

Heya tdot I use the "Sundown" brand and I have had no problems with it. I think it's a pretty good brand.........

im men a sudden increase of estrogen can cause acne. in women a sudden increase of testosterone can cause acne. High levels of DHT and/or if your skin is sensitive to even slight amounts of DHT that can cause acne too.