Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
LordButler

Best Moisturizer for CSR

I'd feel guilty not to share this with you. It makes your oily skin so smooth and refreshed. I love it!!!! Without it, my skin would peel off...

Clean & Clear Advantage Salicylic Acid Acne Medication,

I think a lot of people might find that too drying. Combining SA & BP at the same time can be a bad combo for most; I find it very irritating. Even with my super oily skin I need a really hydrating moisturizer while on DKR. A moisturizer with an AHA it should take care of flaky skin too.

But if it works for you that is cool.

I think a lot of people might find that too drying. Combining SA & BP at the same time can be a bad combo for most; I find it very irritating. Even with my super oily skin I need a really hydrating moisturizer while on DKR. A moisturizer with an AHA it should take care of flaky skin too.

But if it works for you that is cool.

I've tried a similar one by Clean & Clear before, with no SA, but it had SPF. That was before I started DKR, but I was using BP. My skin was always too dry with it & it had a fragrance that was pretty strong; I couldn't imagine using more than a pea sized drop ...

I've removed all SA products from my treatment since I started the regimen because I don't want to combine SA & BP. I had to switch moisturizers, but luckily I found a great one: Clean & Clear Oil-Free Shine Control Moisturizer. A small 4 oz bottle lasts FOREVER, it doesn't build up or create more oil, and my skin never looks even remotely shiny. It also doesn't contain any acne medication, so it works great alongside all the BP!

I've used the Clean & Clear Dual-Action moisturizer with 0.5% SA, and while it wasn't awful (it actually looked very nice and matte), it just wasn't moisturizing enough. It would be good for people with oily skin or who don't use enough BP to really dry them out, but other than that, I wouldn't recommend it.

There just is no one-size-fits-all moisturizer out there yet, basically, that's the lesson to be learned from this. We're all like Goldilocks: this one is too greasy, this one isn't moisturizing enough, where's the perfect one in the middle? (Hopefully Dan's will be that one.)

I've removed all SA products from my treatment since I started the regimen because I don't want to combine SA & BP. I had to switch moisturizers, but luckily I found a great one: Clean & Clear Oil-Free Shine Control Moisturizer. A small 4 oz bottle lasts FOREVER, it doesn't build up or create more oil, and my skin never looks even remotely shiny. It also doesn't contain any acne medication, so it works great alongside all the BP!

That combination (BP and SA that is) would dry me out like a peach sitting in the mid-day Texas sun. Good to hear it's working for you though.