Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Let me just start by saying I've tried every (almost) laser to treat my acne scarring. Erbium, fraxel, co2, peels (deep). After about 14,000 dollars down the drain or more I have came to the conclusion that laser really don't do anything but give you a LOT of downtime. It's been like 6 years that I've been trying to rid myself of acne scars. All those lasers downtime little improvement :wall: I'm tired of spending my money and time on doctors who promise smooth skin, those jerks!! Anyways, I've been trying self needling for the past three months and I've gotten better results with this than any other method. Stop spending months years on laser treatment. Its just more devastating to wake up one day after months of healing to still see them on your face. 

Guest sm_oore

Awesome. Glad to hear its working. How much improvement?

How often are you needling?

once a month/ every other week?

I've been interested in this for a while now and cause i can't seem anyone that does it on the west coast. I'm going to get fraxel in a couple months and was wondering if the results are comparable.

Best of Luck

Awesome. Glad to hear its working. How much improvement?

How often are you needling?

once a month/ every other week?

I've been interested in this for a while now and cause i can't seem anyone that does it on the west coast. I'm going to get fraxel in a couple months and was wondering if the results are comparable.

Best of Luck

My scars have improved greatly their just about even with the rest of my skin, its a little pink still, it will fade with time. So far i've needled twice in the past three months about every 6 weeks, I'm gonna wait longer this time because I've noticed such good results. I had 4 fraxels done heavy setting little improvement for scars just helped tone my skin and cook it :) Downtime for me with fraxel took months to get my skin to normal. Needling will work way better with indented shallow scars fraxel won't do much for indented scars, Its a scam, fraxel was ment for wrinkles just lite tighting of the skin save your money, try needling to get the scars elevated.

Guest sm_oore

That sounds great.

Experience any micro swelling?

Yeah i've been thinking of needling because its similar to fraxel and isnt so random either.

How much downtime do you have with each time?

What kind of needles are you using?

Anyone else doing it?

Thanks

My scars have improved greatly their just about even with the rest of my skin, its a little pink still, it will fade with time. So far i've needled twice in the past three months about every 6 weeks, I'm gonna wait longer this time because I've noticed such good results. I had 4 fraxels done heavy setting little improvement for scars just helped tone my skin and cook it :) Downtime for me with fraxel took months to get my skin to normal. Needling will work way better with indented shallow scars fraxel won't do much for indented scars, Its a scam, fraxel was ment for wrinkles just lite tighting of the skin save your money, try needling to get the scars elevated.

The first 3 to 5 days I did swell where I had needled. Almost like bee stings. It kinda hurts too but you can tolerate it especially if you hate acne scars as much as I do. I know my skin will not be perfect but I just want to be able to sit under any type of light and not feel that I look horrible. Remember work on one thing first get the indents to even out with your skin first. Retinoids, lasers all that crap may seem like its working but trust me don't get a good nights rest and your scars will look bad. One more thing do not rub on indented scars after needling let your collagen build up and heal itself rubbing doesn't work or harsh abrasive cleansers just use mild soap and light watered down lotion. ;)

Again, even if things don't seem to be happening at first, dont give up, just keep going and you'll eventually notice your scars getting noticeably smaller and smaller and smaller.......

I did needling about two months ago and I am seeing some improvement. I'm planning on doing another round in the next couple weeks. Has anyone tried needling on indented chest scars. I have 3 that bother me.

When I'm done needling maybe one or two more times ( 2 to 3 months from now) I'm gonna get the Vbeam laser to clear up the pinkish look of my scars that accutane left behind. I would of thought that the red would of been gone by now its been 5 years since accutane. Maybe it was those damn cysts I used to get, who knows. :dance:

When I'm done needling maybe one or two more times ( 2 to 3 months from now) I'm gonna get the Vbeam laser to clear up the pinkish look of my scars that accutane left behind. I would of thought that the red would of been gone by now its been 5 years since accutane. Maybe it was those damn cysts I used to get, who knows. :dance:

This is amazing. Thanks for sharing, and I'm so glad it's working for you! :dance:

Anyone know of a Dr. or perm makeup artist who does needling in Florida--for those of us who are "too chicken" to do it ourselves? (I speak only for myself here!) Please someone, please please please!!

Guest Desirey

hey i am fairly new to the system

Hey guys and gals I'm saying this with honesty. I know how hard and devastating acne scars can be, it completely changed my life. It messed up my self esteem to the worst. Doctors just don't understand the travesty that acne scars cause. Let's bring acne scars to an end! patiently :whistle:

Guest Desirey
Hey guys and gals I'm saying this with honesty. I know how hard and devastating acne scars can be, it completely changed my life. It messed up my self esteem to the worst. Doctors just don't understand the travesty that acne scars cause. Let's bring acne scars to an end! patiently :whistle:

Guest sm_oore
ciro,

could you post your exact treatment procedure and aftercare instruction?

When your done keep cleaning the area with alcohol till you form a scab. Your face should be red where you needled with scabs on the scars when your done. DO NOT put any ointment after let your face be as is, with dry scabs. Your scars will look like their pulling on your skin, thats normal cuz your face is dry. Putting ointment on your needled scar just makes the scar get in "comfort mode" and sink back down, the point is to make the scar raise up. As tempting as it may seem to butter your scar up, don't do it.

Wash your face with cold water and a little bit soup just to wipe the blood off do it very gently then dab more alcohol on your needled scars.

Now just wait for the scabs to fall off in a few days to a week depending on how much you jabbed at your scars.

I use a face moisturizer after three days post needling. Dilute the moisturizer with your hands with a little bit of water so it won't be thick. Gently pat your face. DO NOT use retin a retinoids or anything just mild soup (like dove) and diluted moisturizer, just wet your hands a bit then rub the moisturizer with hands, pat face. Try not to use moisturizer that much till your scabs fall off.

Collagen will begin to build in the weeks to come, do not use scrubs or anything that may bother your face (exfoliants, scrubs and retinoids).

After a week, at first your scars will be red then pink, I bruised up the last time too, thats normal.

Second to third week your face will start to return to normal. Don't be impatient your face will return to normal color, some scars will look better some will look the same. After 6 weeks you will see improvement in your scars that you needled. Some scars are just more stubborn than others, they will take more needling sessions, thats o.k. Some people heal a bit faster than others. ;)

Yeh they're really ugly..I always have these terrible back-flash memories If I could have prevented them by taking the tane earlier or perhaps Diane

Yeh they're really ugly..I always have these terrible back-flash memories If I could have prevented them by taking the tane earlier or perhaps Diane