Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
mouton88

anyone take 3 full months to get results?

I have been doing the DK regimen for about 3 weeks now, and have seen barely ANY improvement in my skin. I have moderate acne, and I am also using an AHA (the flakes were driving me nuts!) to keep peeling skin to minimum. Did it take anyone longer than three weeks to see noticeable results? I'm just kind of losing hope here. :confused:

My regimen consists of a generic oil free cleanser, DK gel, and an 8% AHA. I also use an oil-free Clarins lotion when my skin feels tight or dry. (About once a day, but occasionally I skip lotion for the day if my skin is feeling okay. I'm VERY oily.) By the by, I haven't missed a day of the regimen. I do it religiously morning and night.

In summation: Did anyone take a long time to see results? Or is there something miserably wrong with my regimen?

Thank you!

Many of us who cleared up from DKR stuck it out for months. It took me 3 months to see even the smallest results; I was breaking out consistently still the first few months. After that I cleared up rather quickly. A lot of people who say DKR did not work for them gave up too soon.

If you are only 3 weeks into DKR you probably shouldn't be using an AHA moisturizer yet. It should take you about 2-4 weeks to amp up to the full amount, and then wait like a week after to introduce an AHA. You want to give your skin time to adjust to each. While adjusting to BP, you don't want to add an AHA at the same time cuz those take some adjusting also. They often sting a little at first & can even leave you a bit pink. I would even start out with an AHA moisturizer once a day & then work up to twice a day (using another moisturizer for the other time of day).

What are the specific products you are using? What generic cleanser & what moisturizer? If you need some added moisturizer then jojoba oil is great for dryness. If you're afraid of being oily, do heavier moisturizing at night.

Clarins makes some nice products, but it isn't a part of DKR. It's best to stick to recommended products if you can, simply because other products can add in unknown variables that may prevent you from clearing up. Give DKR a fair chance. It's easy to get frustrated & start adding in new products & altering the regimen, but then you will never know if it could've been a solution for your acne. Once you clear up, you can alter things to suit you & see how your skin reacts.

For your question to exactly what stuff I'm using:

Kroger (a grocery store brand) Oil-free foaming face cleanser.

Ingredients: Water, Glycerin, Stearic Acid, Sodium Lauroyl Sarcosinate, Potassium Hydroxide, Lauric Acid, Triclosan, Polyquaternium 10, Pentasodium Pentetate and Tetrasodium Etidronate, Aloe Vera, Fragrance.

Clarins Ultra Matte Lotion (which has never previously exacerbated my acne. I used it before ever starting DKR. I threw out the box, so I can't tell you what the ingredients are.)

Walgreens Alpha Hydroxy Face Cream.

Ingredients: Water, Glycolic Acid, Propylene Glycol, Isopropyl Palmitate, Stearic Acid, Ammonium Hydroxide, Glyceryl Stearate, PEG-100 Stearate, Cetyl Alcohol, Isotearic Acid, Dimethicone, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, PEG-40 Stearate, Sorbitan Stearatem, Sorbic Acid, BHT, Imidazolidinyl Urea.

Wow. Actually reading that ingredient list makes me wonder what the heck I'm putting on my face. :eh:

Anyways, did you have very decent results after sticking with it for 6 months or so? And thanks so much for answering, by the by!

I was bordering on 4 full months before the regimen kicked in full force. I upped my dosage to a full-finger, and that's when I saw miraculous results. My skin has been crystal clear since April... and i've NEVER had clear skin (except on accutane). The regimen is truely a miracle - i never thought it would work as well as it did.

Good luck! Defintiely STICK IT OUT,

Katie

Thanks for the encouragement! Another question. (I'm so sorry. I keep thinking of them!) Does it take you for-freakin'-ever to rub in Dan's BP gel? I swear, now that I am up to full application, it takes me a verylong time to get it rubbed in.

Thanks for the encouragement! Another question. (I'm so sorry. I keep thinking of them!) Does it take you for-freakin'-ever to rub in Dan's BP gel? I swear, now that I am up to full application, it takes me a verylong time to get it rubbed in.

Im actually glad to be reading this. I started the DKR regimen probably about 3 weeks ago. I thought I saw good results, but then I broke out. Cleared up great again, now im broken out. I actually considered quitting it, but after reading this post I guess i'll stick it out. I really just dont understand why everything takes so long to work. I know im not a doctor or anything, but I cant see that it takes 4 months for medication to get into your pores and start working. Normally thats why i give up so soon haha.

I don't want to scare anyone new to the DKR, but it took me five whole months to clear up. I don't know if it was something I changed subconsciously that did it, but I know I had a hell of a time for the first four months or so. So if you aren't clearing up immediately, just have faith and remain diligent; you'll be rewarded for your patience.

I know im not a doctor or anything, but I cant see that it takes 4 months for medication to get into your pores and start working. Normally thats why i give up so soon haha.

I took about 4-5 months but am now tons better. I too had moderate acne primarily body. I tried so manythings so many times but never really stuck with anything longer than 2-3 months. I decided this time to stickit outlong run and it is finally working.

I am now attempting scar remedies now that my acne has subsided!

Almost all acne meds & topicals, prescription included, will say it can take up to 12 weeks for results (3 months), or maybe longer. I don't know why this is either, but I guess that is how skin works :shrug: