Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Posted

I've been reading this forum quite regularly but just decided to register today. This is my first posting!

Anyway, my acne is mild. With makeup, it's hardly visible which I'm greatful for but I do have several flat, red marks on my face from post-acne. I've also been known to pick at these marks occasionally, forming scabs. They usually heal within a few weeks but like everyone else here, I'd like to elimiate these marks totally.

I began using 50/50 ACV and water this past Friday and since then, I think my face has gotten redder. Is this possible? I should also mention I've just switched from my typical Lancome make up to Bare Escentuals mineral makeup (which I heard aggrevates redness/acne in some people because of the mica).

Any suggesstions or thoughts on why my face looks worse now than before I started the ACV?

Thanks everyone!

Posted
I've been reading this forum quite regularly but just decided to register today. This is my first posting!

Anyway, my acne is mild. With makeup, it's hardly visible which I'm greatful for but I do have several flat, red marks on my face from post-acne. I've also been known to pick at these marks occasionally, forming scabs. They usually heal within a few weeks but like everyone else here, I'd like to elimiate these marks totally.

I began using 50/50 ACV and water this past Friday and since then, I think my face has gotten redder. Is this possible? I should also mention I've just switched from my typical Lancome make up to Bare Escentuals mineral makeup (which I heard aggrevates redness/acne in some people because of the mica).

Any suggesstions or thoughts on why my face looks worse now than before I started the ACV?

Thanks everyone!

Why don't you try something like 1/8 acv to water. You're using wayyyy to much ACV to start with.

Posted

Really? I read in the ACV thread 50/50 is what most people were using. Hum...maybe I'll try less...

Posted

yeah, you probably irritated your skin and made the scar tissue angry, therefore they probably look worse.

most people do use 50/50, but they dont start off on it, they usually go from 1:8 to !:4 to 1:2 then to 1:1

leave your skin be for a few days to the irritation decreases then start on the ACV again :)