Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I began taking Saw Palmetto (Rexall brand, 450 mg Natural Whole Herb) and I now see DRASTIC improvement. My oil is less, my pores are diminished, and there are no new cysts. There was a small initial clearp of existing cysts and a few whiteheads originally but today I can look in the mirror and see skin that is clear and healing. I am African American and there are a few spots, but they arent too noticeable due to being flesh colored.

I was getting frustrated, and I diagnosed myself with hormonal acne. I had been on BC since I was 17 years old (and now I am 30), only stopping back in 2001 when I had a baby. Last year, April 2006 I stopped and just like that the acne problems began, although it was slight. It began as a pimple here and there and then it graduated to 3-6 cysts at a time with whiteheads and blackheads. My skin was oily and the only topicals I've used in Proactiv (which actually works for me) and at times Neutrogena. I went to the doc one time and they prescribed an antibiotic that never worked. I also tried several other topicals that didnt work.

I took a natural hormone balancing pill I got at a health food store last year for 7.00 and it worked. It tasted like sugar. This with Proactiv kept me clear. Then the store stopped carrying the line of products and I couldnt remember what it was called.

Starting with last fall up until 2 weeks ago, my acne was horrible! I didnt want to go to work. I remember calling in sick one day. I cried because I knew that just months earlier it wasnt like this. I refuse BC pills because I would like to have another baby within the next few years and I just do not like BC pills. I began to research alternative remedies and started with Clear B5. I did see improvement on this and also got some GNC panthothenic acid. I then bought Omega, Dong Quia, Maca and several other herbs.

I found that I couldnt take a zillion pills a day so I would give a trial run to at least 4 to try and see exactly what was working. The three are Maca, Saw Palmetto, Omega 3 and Zinc. Maca is a whole food supplement. The Saw Palmetto I use is 450 mg and I take 4 daily. Believe it or not I bought these at Walmart.

You have to be consistent and not stop. I was getting frustrated and was just going to go to the dr. and give up. Spiro was looking good. Then it began to work (during week 2).

I also drink the Republic of Tea specialty teas for Detox, Clear Skin, and PMS. Each one of these teas has all the herbs in it for their stated purposes.

I hope this helps and yes it is still early to know that this drastic change I see is going to be consistent but I will keep you posted. Give it a try.

I began taking Saw Palmetto (Rexall brand, 450 mg Natural Whole Herb) and I now see DRASTIC improvement. My oil is less, my pores are diminished, and there are no new cysts. There was a small initial clearp of existing cysts and a few whiteheads originally but today I can look in the mirror and see skin that is clear and healing. I am African American and there are a few spots, but they arent too noticeable due to being flesh colored.

I was getting frustrated, and I diagnosed myself with hormonal acne. I had been on BC since I was 17 years old (and now I am 30), only stopping back in 2001 when I had a baby. Last year, April 2006 I stopped and just like that the acne problems began, although it was slight. It began as a pimple here and there and then it graduated to 3-6 cysts at a time with whiteheads and blackheads. My skin was oily and the only topicals I've used in Proactiv (which actually works for me) and at times Neutrogena. I went to the doc one time and they prescribed an antibiotic that never worked. I also tried several other topicals that didnt work.

I took a natural hormone balancing pill I got at a health food store last year for 7.00 and it worked. It tasted like sugar. This with Proactiv kept me clear. Then the store stopped carrying the line of products and I couldnt remember what it was called.

Starting with last fall up until 2 weeks ago, my acne was horrible! I didnt want to go to work. I remember calling in sick one day. I cried because I knew that just months earlier it wasnt like this. I refuse BC pills because I would like to have another baby within the next few years and I just do not like BC pills. I began to research alternative remedies and started with Clear B5. I did see improvement on this and also got some GNC panthothenic acid. I then bought Omega, Dong Quia, Maca and several other herbs.

I found that I couldnt take a zillion pills a day so I would give a trial run to at least 4 to try and see exactly what was working. The three are Maca, Saw Palmetto, Omega 3 and Zinc. Maca is a whole food supplement. The Saw Palmetto I use is 450 mg and I take 4 daily. Believe it or not I bought these at Walmart.

You have to be consistent and not stop. I was getting frustrated and was just going to go to the dr. and give up. Spiro was looking good. Then it began to work (during week 2).

I also drink the Republic of Tea specialty teas for Detox, Clear Skin, and PMS. Each one of these teas has all the herbs in it for their stated purposes.

I hope this helps and yes it is still early to know that this drastic change I see is going to be consistent but I will keep you posted. Give it a try.

were u using saw palmetto extract? and how long were u on the Saw palmetto until u saw results?

No extract, no mention of it being standardized, just says "whole herb". The brand was Rexall and I got it at Walmart for 6.00. I saw improvement during week 2. My acne was severe and now i have just an occasional whitheads here and there that tiny, but there have been no new cysts!

:surprised: Thats great , my brother in law took saw palmetto and thats all he took and he is now completely clear. he had to take it for a bunch of months to clear his skin but it worked. congrats. now i know its effective in females too. thanks for posting!!!