Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Does anyone else hate getting their hair cut?

I can't stand it, sitting there for 30 minutes in the bright light, with a mirror right infront of me. It's so depressing staring at my acne for so long.

I want to get my hair cut tonight, but that thought is putting me off. :(

Last time I had my hair cut I left there feeling so ugly and worthless, I just wanted to go home and hide my face.

I see an older barber and get my hair buzz cut every 2 to 3 weeks. I have been doing this for close to 20 years now. My problem is the longer my hair grows the oilier my skin becomes.

For me it's not a problem because of this old style barber but if for some reason my only choice was to go to one of these beauty salon places, I would look into buying my own electrical sheers and cut my own hair ( which I have done on occasion).

So yea, I can see where you are coming from.

Hate getting the hair cut.

I just never look in that mirror, and attempt to not look like a nervous wreck.

When they ask me what I think I look up for a split second, "ya whatever thats fine"

Thanks

Goodbye

Damn, I thought I was the only one.

I hate it when they ask if I want my sideburns because they have to get up and close to my face... :(

If you got acne a hair cut can only improve your appearance. If you are a guy, I recommend going to a black barber shop. They will give you an edge up like no other. Plus they don't work in bright lights like a lot of crappy overpriced salons do. Plus a lot of people are smoking so that makes the air more cloudy. If you got an edge up, you can still have moderate to mild acne and look nice. Get those side burns long and tight. :D Case closed.

:ninja:

I like getting my hair cut at hair salons. I'm not gay or anything, there's just a lot of hot chicks in there. Plus, they always make me look like the hot piece of ass that I am.

After years of getting them cut at home (because I had nothing stylish), I decided to go to a pro in order to have a proper haircut. First I was afraid, I had been avoiding mirrors for years at home ...

But then, as I sat there in front of this big mirror, with artificial lighting everywhere :shock: ... nothing, the redness looked like it was GONE oO And it's quite serious on my nose; I really don't know what the trick is but I'd like to buy a dozen of those lights :drool:

Anyway, that's why I'm eager to have them cut every month and a half. It's like a magic place for me :lol:

I can relate 110%!

I have blonde and red streaks in my hair which are in dire need of retouching! The roots are bad. But just the thought of going and sitting there for 3 hours whilst my hair is coloured and cut, under all the lights and i am always next to the window which is HUGE makes me cringe. I have to go soon tho but i do feel your pain! Best to just get it over n done with and don't look at yourself til the end when u have wicked hair and you can concentrate on that instead :)

I used to like getting my hair cut but the place I goto had some renovations done which included new lighting and new mirrors. Needless to say, I was not feeling it and couldn't wait to get out of there.

I had the same problem, but here is my solution....buy your own hair cutting kit and get ure family members or friends to cut ure hair....stick to a simple hairstyle and you will be ok.

or......

Grow your hair long and then just trim it yourself at home with scissors.

I had the same problem, but here is my solution....buy your own hair cutting kit and get ure family members or friends to cut ure hair....stick to a simple hairstyle and you will be ok.

or......

Grow your hair long and then just trim it yourself at home with scissors.

I felt alot better about my skin when I was going to the barbershop on the regular

Ugh, I really need a hair cut but I can't bring myself to going, especially with how bad my skin looks at the moment.

I can't stand it, sitting there for 30 minutes in the bright light, with a mirror right infront of me. It's so depressing staring at my acne for so long.

Last time I had my hair cut I left there feeling so ugly and worthless, I just wanted to go home and hide my face.

LOADS of people do home hairdressing look on gumtre or craigslists or something and you will find one in your area this way you can have it done without a mirror or wherever you want in your house.

LOADS of people do home hairdressing look on gumtre or craigslists or something and you will find one in your area this way you can have it done without a mirror or wherever you want in your house.

I thought I was the only one that felt this way 2, the lighting is horrible where I go and so my acne looks alot worse. So I just tell myself not to look at the mirrow, and when they ask what I think I just look up real quick and say it looks good an im out.

I see an older barber and get my hair buzz cut every 2 to 3 weeks. I have been doing this for close to 20 years now. My problem is the longer my hair grows the oilier my skin becomes.

For me it's not a problem because of this old style barber but if for some reason my only choice was to go to one of these beauty salon places, I would look into buying my own electrical sheers and cut my own hair ( which I have done on occasion).

So yea, I can see where you are coming from.

I HATE having to sit in front of that mirror. Its funny I was just thinking maybe I should go and get a haircut today, but then I started thinking about how I always feel when I leave the salon. Before I go there I have certain perception of how my skin looks and then when I get under those lights and in front of that mirror, I get so depressed. I never look directly at my reflection, I just stare firmly at the magazines they give me and if I do look I try to focus on the hair and not look at my face, but thats kind of hard. I went to get a haircut the other day at a new place and when I walked in I just wanted to walk out, the lighting around the mirror was so bright and I just didn't want to be under it. As it turned out, they couldn't fit me in, so luckily I escaped that dreaded light/mirror combo.

I have frizzy light hair (hence the quintessence of hair weakness)

I bought a philips hair trimmer.

There are 6 levels of long-cut and 6 levels of short cut.

If you choose a level and stick with it you can have an uniform hair-cut.

If you pass the trimmer through the hair at level 4 once you're done if you try to use level 4-5 or 6 no hair will be cut and you need to switch to 3 if you want another 1/4 of inch of hair to be removed, in other words no skill is needed as how many hairs are removed doesn't depend on how you use the trimmer but on the specific level.

Or you can create all kind of hair cuts using different levels (for example long-4 on top, long-2 on sides, short-3 on temples and neck)

Even when the haircut doesn't look perfect it becomes after 2 days when the hair adapt to it.

Many have told to me "my" haircut look better than the professional ones.

I save money, time, exposing myself to judgemental fashion people, ambarassemt, discomfort.

I can also cut away the 1/4 of inch of ruined hair every week in a matter of minutes.