Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
apocalipstick

I've been on accutane for 1 week...have mild sensitivity, drying

Hi, I'm new! :)

I'm on 40mgs of the tane.

I wear Neutrogena Dry Touch SPF 45 every day. I was outside a little bit yesterday (5-10 mins) and didn't notice any redness or tanning on my face - but from what I've read on here, the fact that there was no change in the color of my face is actually a bad thing because the face wasn't trying to protect itself? The day before yesterday I had to be outside a lot and got a little burnt on my back and shoulders (but still no change in face color) - I very foolishly forgot to put sunscreen on the rest of my body.

Would it be okay if I tanned outside (just for one day!) for about 5 mins on each side w/ a heavy SPF?

It won't hurt your vitamin D levels, and might do your mind a nice bit of good. But instead of actual tanning, why not just putter around in the yard a bit with that heavy SPF on? :P You'll get a tad of exercise plus sun, plus do your mind and body some good.

TBH i am not even entirely sure

I am in week 3 and it wasn't until week 2 i even got any of the side effects you read about here

I am quite dark skinned and tan easily so i already have a tan from before i started taking this. But last week it was really hot and i put on some SPF 50 that belongs to my children and when i was rubbing it in, i was rubbing skin OFF!

I have also been in the sun with no protection but not for long (not really intentionally but when its hot and you pop to the garden etc) and nothing happened, but i would never go out of my way to tan in the sun now because you dont know if it is going to burn you until its already done it!

But last week it was really hot and i put on some SPF 50 that belongs to my children and when i was rubbing it in, i was rubbing skin OFF!

That's happening to me too! It looks like dandruff on my face, lol.