Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I sat here and thought long and hard and realized that I have never met somebody with clear skin that washed their face at night. Never. When I spend the night with family or friends nobody ever washes their face at night, yet they all have clear healthy skin. What is up with that? Also on a similar note, I noticed while in boot camp that the majority of the guys in my barracks did not even wash their face when they showered. Maybe a splash of water on their face but that was it. This just makes me think that we are using too much crap on our face and just making things worse. I wonder how much different my skin would be if i had never started using sa or bp.. :think:

It does seem to me that a lot of people with clear skin don't really care about their skin - I mean, they don't give it nearly as much attention as we probably do and therefore probably mess about with it a lot less.

So I do think in some cases, we are causing some of the problems or making things worse by using too much or too harsh products. However, I don't think that eliminating a face wash at night is the way to go. I don't think it can do much good to leave all the day's grime and crap on acne-prone skin. Just use a mild face wash and wash your skin gently.

I tried a period of time (several months) without washing with a cleanser in the morning. I shower at night, so would wash my face then. Acne never got better with that routine. I also never applied anything topical, and hadn't for years. I only decided to try something topical in the last several months again after not really being bothered by my continual breakouts for YEARS because I wanted decent looking skin for my wedding photos. I had nice skin for my wedding, but it is not yet where I want it.

One of my friends hardly ever washes her face with a cleanser, but she does apply Olay products. Her skin is gorgeous. The other day her skin looked fabulous, more so even than usual and I asked what she'd been doing. Her answer: "It's so hot, and I've been sweating." Sheeeeesh. :D

So, for me, the 'natural' route doesn't work.

I hear what you are saying but i think you are confusing cause and effect, most people wash their face at night as a result of acne, it isn't really what causes it just my .2

I agree looking at some of the signatures quite a lot of people here are using too many products which strips the oil from your skin.

I use a facewash at night and just wash with water in the morning. I think washing your face at the end of the day makes more sence than it does when you've got/fallen out of bed in the morning.

To be honest I don't think it matters generally what you use on your face wether it's nothing or something. If you're genetically prone to acne you're gonna get it. Just because someone who doesn't get acne has poor hygiene doesn't mean it's "the secret" to clear skin, it just means they've never had to worry about their skin.

If you rememebr you'll remember a time before acne when you just left your skin alone, you didn't need to give it attention, the only reason we all started using products on this forum is because we got acne lol :P

This forum can be sorta unbalanced as we all ahev acne and there are no clear skinned opinions.

Personally I don't think leaving oily, acne prone skin unwashed is the way to go.