Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Foogooman

I did a bad thing... :(

How bad is it to pop a pimple?

You see, I was frustrated with this pimple and I went all out and pushed on it as hard as I could. I popped it finally but now it's shiny and swollen :(

How long will it be there?

How bad is it to pop a pimple?

You see, I was frustrated with this pimple and I went all out and pushed on it as hard as I could. I popped it finally but now it's shiny and swollen :(

How long will it be there?

Ice will help decrease the redness and swelling. Wrap the ice in paper towel or something similar and press to your lesion several times a day. Don't hold the ice on your skin too long, only until you can feel it is too chilly for you. Never until your skin goes pale, only cool. Perhaps 2 minutes at a time, never more than five minutes.

you'll be alright, don't worry! At least it will heal a million times faster now...just might look kind of red for a little while.

Ice will help decrease the redness and swelling. Wrap the ice in paper towel or something similar and press to your lesion several times a day. Don't hold the ice on your skin too long, only until you can feel it is too chilly for you. Never until your skin goes pale, only cool. Perhaps 2 minutes at a time, never more than five minutes.

I wouldn't reccomend ice unless he had JUST damaged that area. Only use ice on a newly damaged area. It will only make it worse as it is an infection - not a burn or broken vein.

I wouldn't reccomend ice unless he had JUST damaged that area. Only use ice on a newly damaged area. It will only make it worse as it is an infection - not a burn or broken vein.

Actually, ice will decrease redness and inflammation no matter when an injury occurs. Of course, the first 72 hours is the prime time to apply it, but anytime thereafter for a wound of this type, ice will reduce edema and erythema.

Guys, it's morning now and the area where the acne used to be is a big white thing! The area is a big white... something. It's not acne anymore. It seems like puss is under it! Oh, it looks really bad :(

I feel like such an idiot, it'd be totally gone if I hadn't popped it.

After popping the pimple, you should let the blood ooze out until it becomes pale orange. Then apply aloe vera to soothe the skin & leave it alone. Your skin should improve if you don't focus too much attention on the popped pimple :doh:

That just means you didn't get all of it out the first time, so then it got more inflamed. You can also tell when you got everything out because the soreness will be gone.

Alright everyone, well luckily the stuff in there came out by itself after I psoted that and I was fine for work.

Right now, it's basically a wound. It'll heal, it's not too bad.

Next time you pop a spot (which i always do as they go quicker i feel) use some neosporin (or savlon) mixed with some tea tree oil, spot treat and leave overnight. I do this all the time and it brings inflammation down, dries it up and stops it from filling up again :)

Don't hold the ice on your skin too long, only until you can feel it is too chilly for you. Never until your skin goes pale, only cool. Perhaps 2 minutes at a time, never more than five minutes.

If you leave ice on it too long, you can get frostbite. It doesn't take that long for it to set in. Be careful!

For the pain (and it helps with the swelling, too) take an anti-inflammatory, like naproxen or ibuprofen.

If you leave ice on it too long, you can get frostbite. It doesn't take that long for it to set in. Be careful!

For the pain (and it helps with the swelling, too) take an anti-inflammatory, like naproxen or ibuprofen.

blood is going to circulate regardless, ice will be helpfull to reduce water retention related inflammation, other things include oral anti-inflammatories or topical agents like chamomile, or nitrous oxide (derms use it on cysts). this'll prevent water induced swelling from blocking up the pore, leading to more infection cuz O2 cant get in and oil/dead cells cant escape. for next time, i'd wipe it with hydrogen peroxide or alcohol and then ice it for a few minutes or even put some chamomile tea bags on it for a while, then take an aspirin or advil overnight and this should reduce the chances of reinfection.

Don't hold the ice on your skin too long, only until you can feel it is too chilly for you. Never until your skin goes pale, only cool. Perhaps 2 minutes at a time, never more than five minutes.

Oh, wow. I didn't know that. I've been torturing myself: 30+ minutes on, a couple minutes off, repeat ad nauseum. Jeez. Of course, I'm always doing it in the middle of night, desperate, and sleep deprived, so my brain isn't so functional, and common sense skidaddled awhile back.

It still works just as well that way? They pain seemed like it took longer to leave, maybe 10 minutes. Then I'd just bask in the absence of pain for however long I could. But, also, after 30 minutes, the pain doesn't return for awhile. When I tried some shorter times, it did. Does doing the 2-5 minutes, resting, and repeating, maybe, over a longer period of time achieve the same results? (In the half-delusional state-of-mind I'm talking about, immediate pain relief way, way trumps horrific frostbite as a prelude to gangrene. Rationality needs a bit of fodder.)

I don't think ice makes acne heal faster; it just kills the pain/swelling, so you can do healthy things, like sleep, which helps them heal . . . Plus, when the pain was at its worst, and there was no ice available, I was resorting to some pretty drastic measures that had to be very, very bad for my skin. Anything to prevent that level of desperation is beneficial to both my skin and my conscience.