Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
lalalalaloopsy

What steadies hormones?

I'm 15 so my acne is probably cuz of hormones or something like that... I was thinking about taking Evening Primrose Oil becuz I heard it helps but I was wondering what else steadies hormones? Preferably natural stuff... Thanks!

Hi! :) At your age you don't really want the hormones tooo steady as the hormones are going nuts right now for a reason: developing those secondary sex characteristics that differentiate you visually from the opposite sex.

If you still want them normalized, I'm sure this particular forum will give you plenty of good answers. I'm not very knowledgeable about 'natural' hormonal treatments.

Treating the symptoms of those raging hormones would be a safer approach at your age, rather than normalizing the hormones themselves.

I'm 15 so my acne is probably cuz of hormones or something like that... I was thinking about taking Evening Primrose Oil becuz I heard it helps but I was wondering what else steadies hormones? Preferably natural stuff... Thanks!

Actually, they can be normalized and should be without affecting the developing sexual characteristics. The best way to normalize hormones is to go on a diet that reduces insulin resistance. There are quite a few diets that do it, and exercise also majorly helps. Fish oil and zinc also help to normalize hormone levels. I read an article that proposed that acne during adolescence could be due to the teenage hormones increasing insulin resistance, and on top of whatever insulin resistance teenagers and people have from lack of exercise and high-carb/High Glycemic Load carbs it causes acne and hormones to just get out of control.

Mainly...just exercise and reduce the sugary foods you eat and try to eat less High Glycemic Load carbs (starchy foods like cereals, potatoes and rice). Fish Oil and Zinc should be next on the list.

Mainly...just exercise and reduce the sugary foods you eat and try to eat less High Glycemic Load carbs (starchy foods like cereals, potatoes and rice). Fish Oil and Zinc should be next on the list.

Nothing safe steadies hormones. Hormones are part of natural body functions. Soon we will have pills that make you crap every hour on the hour. :rolleyes: Case closed.

:ninja:

Guest Desirey

anyone visited acneyoda. com site on acne info?

please visit, give me your feedback on it

Here is a quote from Dr. Joel Fuhrman that I think you might find helpful: :)

"The number one priority is nutrient density in your skin. To increase the phytonutrients in your skin have two to four ounces of green cruciferous juice a day, mixed in some other juice such as carrot/strawberry.

Then have 6 ounces of raw greens, mixing kale, organic spinach and lettuce smoothie.

Also consume a daily bowl of a green-based soup with broccoli rabe, bok choy, collards and other dark greens cooked into the soup base. You can eat raw nuts, but not more than two ounces with any one meal. You can eat fresh fruit, but not more than 2-3 fruit equivalents with any one meal.

Try to sweat as much as possible and of course, eat when hungry and do not overeat.

If you do all this your hormonal peaks will diminish in 2 or 3 months and your skin will make great strides
."