Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Leigh2810

Everyday Minerals vs. Bare Minerals

Hi all,

This answer might be embedded somewhere in this forum BUT I just didn't feel like searching!!

SOO, help me out... I am about to order some mineral make up and have been wondering which one you like best? I got samples from Everyday Minerals..I liked it, but I've also heard good things about Bare minerals too...

your thoughts??

thanks much!

:razz:

I don't wear MMU (mineral makeup) at all, but I've picked up on all the brands from the girls here.

Anyway, I think the best advice would be to avoid Bare Escentuals altogether. It contains the irritating bismuth, which can cause cystic acne.

Lots of people love EM- personally I wasn't that impressed by the samples, but I think I'm just a life-long liquid user. EM is a lot cheaper and has much better reviews, so give it a try!

Get some EM samples. I always recommend it for anyone who is interested in mineral makeup & at the very least it does not seem to irritate anyone's skin (who has posted here).

BM has a bad reputation of causing awful breakouts & itching because of the ingredient bismuth oxide.

Hey, thanks for the quick replies... I didn't realize that about Bare Escentuals... guess I'll stick w/ EM. Thanks again...

and just curious, (I am a long time user of liquid foundation but switching over I think to mineral make up)- what is a good liquid foundation... ??

thx again

For liquid foundation, I use Revlon Colorstay for Normal/Dry skin. Best foundation I've ever used, and I have tried a LOT.

Bare Minerals has irritating ingredients that can cause itchiness and breakouts. Some people are ok with it, but i would go with EM. They have free samples and there makeup is great!

For liquid foundation, I use Revlon Colorstay for Normal/Dry skin. Best foundation I've ever used, and I have tried a LOT.

Yes, I use this foundation too!! And I love it! Except, I use the kind for normal/oily skin

I know I am in the minority, but BM has done wonders for my skin. It isn't itchy and doesn't break me out, takes about a minute to apply *full coverage*, and my skin looks great all day! However, I know there are lots of posts on here from people that have had problems, so like I said, I am in the minority. But just for the record, BM is not all bad! Their eyeshadows are FABULOUS too!! (as is the buxom lip gloss!!!)

I thought Bare Minerals was breaking me out. I don't know anymore. My only solid gripe with their product is lack of shades. They all have such a pink tone to them and it's really unflattering to me.

I keep trying to like Everyday Minerals, but I'm not having a lot of luck with their product. It slides off my face and does not offer the same coverage for me as BM. The finish is great on EM, though and the colors are amazing.. web site and customer service among the best I've ever experienced.

I hope EM works for you. I don't like the BE company, sadly their product works better for me right now.

I use Everyday Minerals right now, and I like it a lot. The coverage is good, although it took me a while to get the application right. For me it takes longer to apply than Bare Minerals. At the end of the day, though, Everyday Minerals still look good on my face. At the end of the day with Bare Minerals, there are cakey spots and streaks. The first time I tried Bare Minerals a lady in Sephora applied it to me, and my best friend and husband said I looked like a plastic surgery victim afterwards. :shifty:

I think Everyday Minerals requires more time and patience, but I also think it's worth it. BM took about 2 minutes to apply, but I looked plasticy and cakey. Not good! EDM takes me about 10 minutes to apply (just foundation, concealer, and blush), but I am paranoid about my indented scars. One of my favorite things about EDM is that when I'm not wearing it, my skin still looks better in general. Before I switched to EDM I was wearing Origins Next of Skin. My skin literally looks better now without makeup than it did when I was wearing Next of Skin.

But, this is all preference, and your best bet is to just try samples.

I have used both and Bare Minerals didn't break me out. However I don't know if this matters to anyone else, but I think the price is super expensive compared to Everday Minerals and it doesn't have the quality to live up to the price difference. It also doesn't come in as many colours. My skin colour is sort of weird( geezz I hate it) and BM doesn't have the exact shade. If I were to get something that matched me I would probably have to mix a few shades together which would probably through costs wayyyy overhead. Even if I couldn't find my exact shade in EM I could still afford to buy three colours that mix to make my colour. Also BM looked super noticeable on me, I'm not sure why.

Anyway I would just try out the EM for a while since you already got samples. If you really hate it you could switch over to BM or another makeup, but I don't think you will.

If you like the EM, I think there's no reason to stray, especially since BM is so much more expensive and that wouldn't be good in the long run. EM also has great customer service. I'm still trying and experimenting with EM though so I can't say anything about how it works for me.

For liquid, try Laura Mercier Oil Free foundation.

i've used both and prefer EM far more than BM. I get better coverage with EM, the shade selection is much better and the fact that I can choose the coverage is great. Most importantly, is the price. EM is way more affordable than BM and, in my opinion, you get more bang for your buck. BM made me look pasty and shiny and made my skin itch. in retrospect, i was never really fond of BM - i absolutely LOVE EM. i highly recommend it.....

I used BM for a year, then the price just got way too much for me, so I tried EM and absolutely loved it. I actually think the quality is way better and the color selections are way better. There's also superior customer service and EM offers far more products (for much cheaper) than BM.

*Waves EM flag*

If you are going to use minerals (which I do not like, I prefer liquids) please do not use BM. I found out a girl at my youth group used it. I have wondered before if she did because her face looks positively damp it is so shiny with it on!

Everyday Minerals is a good start point for Newbies or ppl curious in the MMU line. They are other brands like AN,Signatures,OM,Alima,Afterglow,Meow,Monave,Lumiere etc. All depends on the shade and coverage!

Everyday Minerals is a good start point for Newbies or ppl curious in the MMU line. They are other brands like AN,Signatures,OM,Alima,Afterglow,Meow,Monave,Lumiere etc. All depends on the shade and coverage!