Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Kim_in_CA

My regimen (plus I'm new here, hello!)

Hi, I've been a long-time lurker so I decided to start benefiting from wisdom of you all! :) I've been suffering from moderate acne since I was 13, I'm 34 now. (Imagine, I actually thought acne was going to end once I was out of my teens!) Here's my regimen, which is working for me:

a.m.:

Aquanil cleanser

Benzaclin gel

Eucerine Extra Protective spf 30

p.m.:

DHC cleansing oil

Aquanil cleanser

*wait 30 minutes*

apply Tazorac .1% gel

Now, questions for you all: 1) Do you have to wait to apply sunscreen after applying Benzaclin, and if so, how long do you wait? 2) The Tazorac website says you "have" to use moisturizer before applying it--I've been using it for a year and never put moisturizer on beforehand. Does it improve results to put on moisturizer? I would just think it would inhibit penetration.

Thanks!

Hi Kim -

Welcome to the messageboard! I am going to move this to the retinoid logs, you may get more responses to your question about Tazorac there. You might also want to post your Taz questions under the prescription medication/retinoid section.

Good luck with your regimen!

BTW - I am also a Kim from CA (I am in Alameda)

Hi Kim -

Welcome to the messageboard! I am going to move this to the retinoid logs, you may get more responses to your question about Tazorac there. You might also want to post your Taz questions under the prescription medication/retinoid section.

Good luck with your regimen!

BTW - I am also a Kim from CA (I am in Alameda)

Hi Kim! :) Thanks for moving this to the retinoid logs, I great appreciate it.

Take care,

Kim

Well, I had to discontinue use of the DHC cleansing oil b/c it was drying out my skin too much, what with my starting Benzaclin. So now I am using Pond's cold cream to take my sunscreen and makeup off at the end of the day, and following with Clean & Clear sensitive skin foaming cleanser. My skin isn't tight and uncomfortable anymore.