Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
RaKku

Forehead Crackness and Prunes

Hi all, I have been on DKR for the past 3 weeks and everything seems to be going OK. A few pimples have popped up (nothing life threatening), but the rest of my face is smoothing out which is great :)

The only problem now I am getting is my forehead. It is kinda hard to explain...it isn't flaking out or anything, but it looks REALLY cracked...like the surface of a cracked desert . However, when I run my finger over my forehead, a film of oil is left on my finger. I'm not sure if it is because of the moisturizer I put early or if my face is creating the oil, but it is odd...having skin that LOOKS cracky, but having an oil film on top?

Also, my face is currently turning really DARk... I mean, my face is kinda red to begin with (not sure if it is genetic or because of my acne...since my dad's face is red too), but after going onto DKR, it seems like my face has gone through 20 hours of tanning. My face looks like a prune now...I was expecting a strawberry look when I began this :wub: Is this suppose to happen?

I'm pretty sure the answer is probably to wait it out and let my skin adapt to the BP, but I just wanted to make sure in case my face permantely looks like a grape ;)

Oh yeah, I moisturize with Cetaphil Daily Facial Moisturizer (SP15). Any help would be appreciated guys and thanks as always :)

It sounds like your moisturizer is leaving oily residue behind, but not really doing the trick for your dryness. I think jojoba oil would help with the dryness a good deal, or maybe a more moisturizing moisturizer (Cetaphil lotion rather than the facial moisturizer, perhaps).

Some people experience a temporary darkening of the skin, and I don't know why, but it doesn't seem to be permanent and goes away after you've gotten good and used to the BP. You can search for old threads about it if you like.

It sounds like your moisturizer is leaving oily residue behind, but not really doing the trick for your dryness. I think jojoba oil would help with the dryness a good deal, or maybe a more moisturizing moisturizer (Cetaphil lotion rather than the facial moisturizer, perhaps).

Since the only place I have near me is walgreens, does this type of Jojoba oil work?

http://www.walgreens.com/store/product.jsp...p;id=prod402665

They call it a "Organic Root Stimulator Jojoba Oil" (I guess for the hair?) - does this work for the face as well?

If I were you, I would only use spot treatment on your forehead. For me, I used BP regularly on my entire face, including the forehead, and everything was fine for a while. But I noticed that as soon as I was in the sun semi-regularly, a few fine lines on my forehead appeared. In addition, the entire skin on my forehead thinned out a little and the veins are slightly more prominent.

I used the exact same moisturizer as you did, and my forehead seemed oily but there were still cracks on my skin - as if it was dry. You can do as other suggested, which is mix in some jojoba oil...but I'd advise you to be extremely careful. If your skin thins even at all on your forehead, you will notice a difference because there is hardly no fat behind it. Given the fact that you have already had fine lines appear (which may not go away by the way) I would drastically cut down on your use of BP in that area. Put the standard amount on your cheeks, chin, etc. (with adequate moisturization) but I'd be cautious when applying it on your forehead.