Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Pulse544

Question about hormonal acne

Hello everyone,

I'm new on this forum, but been on the regimen for about 6 weeks now, working well but the red marks are driving me crazy. Now my question is: Is my acne pure hormonal and will it clear up by itself when I get older, I'm 17 years old. My problem area is mostly my chin, my cheeks are pretty clear even though I'm not using BP on them. My forehead contains some blackheads and occasionally some whiteheads, but not much of a problem area.

Thx

Pulse

Most people only have acne as teens and eventually grow out of it once their hormones settle down. It's hard to say if yours is purely a result of puberty, or if you'll have to deal with it as an adult--the best gauge of this is asking when your parents grew out of acne, since it's mostly genetic.

Most people only have acne as teens and eventually grow out of it once their hormones settle down. It's hard to say if yours is purely a result of puberty, or if you'll have to deal with it as an adult--the best gauge of this is asking when your parents grew out of acne, since it's mostly genetic.

Is acne passed through ur mom or your dad?

thanks for reply's

My mom did not have acne at all, and my father nothing to be bothered only a very small area on his chin (is what he told me)

Does this make any difference?

Hello everyone,

I'm new on this forum, but been on the regimen for about 6 weeks now, working well but the red marks are driving me crazy. Now my question is: Is my acne pure hormonal and will it clear up by itself when I get older, I'm 17 years old. My problem area is mostly my chin, my cheeks are pretty clear even though I'm not using BP on them. My forehead contains some blackheads and occasionally some whiteheads, but not much of a problem area.

Thx

Pulse

thanks for reply's

My mom did not have acne at all, and my father nothing to be bothered only a very small area on his chin (is what he told me)

Does this make any difference?

Hello everyone,

Thx

Pulse

pulse, you may have folliculitis , are u male and have u started shaving recently?

Hello everyone,

Thx

Pulse

pulse, you may have folliculitis , are u male and have u started shaving recently?

I will give the DKR a full 4 month trial.

Let's assume my acne is pure hormonal, at what age am I to expect that it will clear up by itself?

I will give the DKR a full 4 month trial.

Let's assume my acne is pure hormonal, at what age am I to expect that it will clear up by itself?