Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

has anyone tried Sheer Cover??? I was watching TV today and there was an infomercial or whatever on this. it looks great! they are having some sale thing...like $29.95 + shipping for a buncha stuff! they had a buncha makeover n stuff on the show. im interested in this!

http://www.sheercover.com/

heres the ingredients:

Mineral Foundations: Active Ingredients: Zinc Oxide (12.00%). Other Ingredients: Boron Nitride, Bisabolol, Aspalathus Linearis Leaf Extract, May Contain (+/-): Bismuth Oxychloride (CI 77163), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Mica, Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499)

^---are these okay??

I bought the original starter kit at the mall that had like 3? foundations a setting powder the brush, concealer and what not...But I wasn't a huge fan. I think it depends on your skin though. For me, it turned greasy way to fast and even the lightest color in the kit was slightly too dark and yellow. But some people do like it :) Everyone's different.

i wanna try it but im always skeptical of those ads on tv! :shifty: i always feel like they are gonna b like well wait we also charge u this and this. also, it doesnt say how much of the product there is. it might b some lil sample or something. Heres what you all get for the special $29.95 price:

Your 30-Day Intro Kit includes:

• Mineral Foundation w/SPF 15 in 2 shades

• Duo Concealer in 2 shades

• Nourishing Moisturizer with SPF 15

• Conditioning Cleanser

• Studio Powder Brush

• Studio All-In-One Brush

FREE Bonuses:

• Studio Concealer Brush

• Studio Contouring Brush

• Extra Length Mascara in Black/Brown

• Sheer Color Compact

• Tips & Tricks DVD

• 6-day supply Bronze Lip-To-Lid Highlighter

and theres like.. a 60 day money back thing if you dont like it.

I am pretty sure that is the same kit that is sold at Bed Bath and Beyond, if you have that store where you are and don't want to order by mail. I saw it up at the cash register recently when I was there. I have never tried that makeup myself though.

Yeah after doing proactiv and dealing with SUPER bad customer service I never order from infomercials. I actually got my kit from Bed Bath and Beyond =) But the kit they had wasnt' the one from the infomercial. I don't recall how much I payed though....either 30 or 40 I wanna say.

My mom was watching that infomercial today, too. She was about to make an impulse buy for me without my knowledge, but luckily, she paused for about 5 seconds and remembered to ask me. (Did we learn something from Proactive? Did we?)

I looked them up online and saw the possibility of bismuth oxychloride being an ingredient, which I'm trying to stay away from. So, I talked my mom out of buying it by getting her to buy me the EM sample kit, instead. :D

I found the "this is the makeup all the movie stars and models wear" ploy to be very off-putting. That made me want to gag, even before I looked up the ingredients, so I was already a bit biased.

Tacky. Very tacky. But, what infomercial isn't, even a bit, tacky?

oh wow. thanks for all the info! but no i dont have a bed bath and beyond near me. maybe like.. an hour n a half away =[

I looked at this, included in the price they also send you a kit and charge you if you don't cancel. Well they do here in the UK, I would think very carefully about thier cancellation policy too.

Sheer Cover is the competitor of Bare Escentuals, the two products have identical ingredients. Many people who used BE have suffered breakouts and some have their skin permanently damaged (like myself, I still have the acne scars from some of my worst breakouts from BE). So I strongly suggest you don't get it.