Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
KristinaAnn

should i take accutane for my type of acne?

Hi! My name is Kristina and I am new to this site. I have had acne since I was 14 and i am now going to be 20. I have tried everything from proactiv to duac to retiods(cant spell)..I am desperate. I am going to the derm in a few weeks and I am hoping he will precribe me accutane. Alothough I dont have cystic acne it is persisent and scarring. The red marks and scars make my face look worse than it is. I am tired of having to deal with this..I feel that I can live a normal life. I am mean to the people around because I am so inscure and frustrated with the way I look. I wont even be around my family without make up. My question is even thought my acne my not be cystic, will accutane still work? I dont just get little wihiteheads, but I wont say they are huge cysts either? Accutane is my only hope of acually having good self esteem

Acne affects self-esteem a lot. Accutane is the strongest drug it works for the severets so why not fot the mild and moderate? Give it a shot that's the least you can do. I regret not taking it early..do you have a lot of issues with your parents too about your acne.

Hi! My name is Kristina and I am new to this site. I have had acne since I was 14 and i am now going to be 20. I have tried everything from proactiv to duac to retiods(cant spell)..I am desperate. I am going to the derm in a few weeks and I am hoping he will precribe me accutane. Alothough I dont have cystic acne it is persisent and scarring. The red marks and scars make my face look worse than it is. I am tired of having to deal with this..I feel that I can live a normal life. I am mean to the people around because I am so inscure and frustrated with the way I look. I wont even be around my family without make up. My question is even thought my acne my not be cystic, will accutane still work? I dont just get little wihiteheads, but I wont say they are huge cysts either? Accutane is my only hope of acually having good self esteem

Hi Kristina,

I know exactly how you feel - I am 3 weeks into accutane treatment, and from the beginning (and even now) I'm not 100% sure that accutane is supposed to work on my kind of acne. BUT, my derm swears that it will, and that it pretty much works for ANY kind of acne. I am not sure what kind of acne I have, but like you it isn't just little whiteheads. I have a combination of tiny, under the skin bumps that I think are comedones, and then the bigger bumps that get red (sometimes sore) but don't form white heads. And yes, the red marks, etc. make my face look much worse than it is also. My advice is to take the accutane - ask your derm for his/her opinion to make yourself feel better, but I'm pretty sure that he/she will tell you that it will work for you, as mine did. And if it doesn't - well, let's not think about that - accutane is something like 90% effective. Have hope! :)

Acne affects self-esteem a lot. Accutane is the strongest drug it works for the severets so why not fot the mild and moderate? Give it a shot that's the least you can do. I regret not taking it early..do you have a lot of issues with your parents too about your acne.

I was also 19 when I took..better sooner then later..Do you already have scars..I regret not taking it earlier... It got severe at 17 maybe I could have prevented it...

What if we lived in the middelages what would we have done then or in the 1920:s?

I was also 19 when I took..better sooner then later..Do you already have scars..I regret not taking it earlier... It got severe at 17 maybe I could have prevented it...

What if we lived in the middelages what would we have done then or in the 1920:s?