Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
poordaughterhasacne

question about glycolic toner

my daughter has only been able to use her glycolic gel 10% once since her visit at the clinic due to her job, but she has been using the glycolic toner twice daily. Can the toner cause the closed comedones to come to the surface? I don't know what % the toner is. It just seems like she has more coming up. She looked so good the last 3 days after her facial. Today she was finally able to use the gel again cause she is not working.

I would call the clinic to find out for sure on the %, but I do not think the glycolic toner is all that strong, the 10% gel is going to be what is effective in getting rid of the closed comedones she has. I would also let them know that she is not been able to follow the exact regimen that they gave to you - its really important to do exactlywhat they tell you, otherwise the regimen may not work as well. If she isn't following the regimen exactly, they really need to know that too. They may be able to help troubleshoot the problem with you as well (maybe she could use the glycolic gel in the evening or something like that). But the glycolic is probably the most important product she is using, and will be an important component in getting her clear, given that she has non-inflamed acne. If she doesn't use it often enough, you may not get the results you want.

I would call the clinic to find out for sure on the %, but I do not think the glycolic toner is all that strong, the 10% gel is going to be what is effective in getting rid of the closed comedones she has. I would also let them know that she is not been able to follow the exact regimen that they gave to you - its really important to do exactlywhat they tell you, otherwise the regimen may not work as well. If she isn't following the regimen exactly, they really need to know that too. They may be able to help troubleshoot the problem with you as well (maybe she could use the glycolic gel in the evening or something like that). But the glycolic is probably the most important product she is using, and will be an important component in getting her clear, given that she has non-inflamed acne. If she doesn't use it often enough, you may not get the results you want.

yeah, I talked to Julie, and she said to use the gel twice a week, and that she might need to change her products. I am hoping that the rafting is going to slow down due to the river being so low right now. Supposedly her boss told her they were not going to book anymore trips. If that is the case she will be able to start using the gel like she is suppose to.

yeah, I talked to Julie, and she said to use the gel twice a week, and that she might need to change her products. I am hoping that the rafting is going to slow down due to the river being so low right now. Supposedly her boss told her they were not going to book anymore trips. If that is the case she will be able to start using the gel like she is suppose to.

Yeah, increased sun sensitivity can be a problem with acne medications. It would be hard being outdoors a lot and trying to use these products. I'm sure they can work with you at the clinic on the best ways to deal with this though! Can your daughter wear a hat sometimes when she is outside? I know that helps my face from getting burned. Even a baseball cap can at least help shade your face a little bit.

I've ordered a spray sunscreen from Platinum Skin Care (along with two of their TCA peel products). I'll let you know if I like it and if it seems to break me out. I have comedonal acne tendencies. Minor inflammatory breakouts on occasion, particularly if I am silly enough to pick. Otherwise, they eventually go away on their own with my current regimen.

I'm using glycolic acid every day or every other day, a BHA, and Green Cream. And emu oil for moisturizing only as needed.

I've ordered a spray sunscreen from Platinum Skin Care (along with two of their TCA peel products). I'll let you know if I like it and if it seems to break me out. I have comedonal acne tendencies. Minor inflammatory breakouts on occasion, particularly if I am silly enough to pick. Otherwise, they eventually go away on their own with my current regimen.

I'm using glycolic acid every day or every other day, a BHA, and Green Cream. And emu oil for moisturizing only as needed.