Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
blahblah900

What is worst acne or redmarks/brownmarks?

I am 21 now and have a lot of redmarks/brownmarks from acne when i was younger. I started having acne when I was 17-18 and it got moderate. I kept breakin out everyday and in freshman year of college, i went to class with a bandage on my face b/c of the pimples because they were huge. i still get the occassional 2 or 3 pimples every once in a while and they always leave red or brown marks.

Currently my face is FULL of redmarks and brownmarks and its irritating me. But i rememebered when i was younger i didn't even knew about those marks because i kept having pimples. I don't have many pimples like i use to.

To anyone that has redmarks and brownmarks now as a result of pimples, is it way better than having pimples? Is there any way having a pimple is better than redmarks/brownmarks or am i just thinking stupid?

to a casual observer redmarks look like active acne when someone is near you

so they both suck

I am 21 now and have a lot of redmarks/brownmarks from acne when i was younger. I started having acne when I was 17-18 and it got moderate. I kept breakin out everyday and in freshman year of college, i went to class with a bandage on my face b/c of the pimples because they were huge. i still get the occassional 2 or 3 pimples every once in a while and they always leave red or brown marks.

Currently my face is FULL of redmarks and brownmarks and its irritating me. But i rememebered when i was younger i didn't even knew about those marks because i kept having pimples. I don't have many pimples like i use to.

To anyone that has redmarks and brownmarks now as a result of pimples, is it way better than having pimples? Is there any way having a pimple is better than redmarks/brownmarks or am i just thinking stupid?

i wouldnt want neither of them but if i HAD to choose, i would rather have marks than pimples as its harder to treat pimples.

Right now, im seeing that the marks i used to have are starting to fade, but im having breakouts every month!!!

To lighten the marks, i use a peel once or twice a week and salicylic acid...I didnt realise that the marks were slowly fading because i was too busy trying to control my acne! But my past acne marks are definately more lighter and i have to get pretty up close to the mirror to see them.

I completely understand the frustration with marks leftover from past breakouts. I felt the same way. I guess I was so annoyed with the acne that I focused on taking care of that, only then once I started to clear up did I get self concious realizing the discoloration. It was like "ugh, I just got over one problem and now there's this??" But over the past several months, I've been making an effort to help them fade and despite how hopeless I felt at first, it actually does get better. Really. As they fade over time you'll realize it's not as bad as it seems. Just don't expect miracles or for anything to work overnight. I don't know exactly the condition of your skin but personally I've had tremendous improvement after using AHAs for the past several months. Also I've heard products with vitamin C are very good too. Good luck, hope I've helped somewhat!

When I had a face full of cysts and inflamed pimples, I told myself I wouldn't even care about the marks. I just wanted the acne gone. Well now I'm down to about 5-10 active pimples at a time, and they bother me a lot, but they bother me infinitely more because all the red marks, brown marks and scars make it look like I still have 50 pimples on my face. I'm finding the marks to be very embarrassing because they are proof that I recently had a face full of pimples. And they are impossible to cover! Even on my best days, when the marks aren't at their reddest and I have a thick layer of green concealer plus foundation, it looks bad. So I don't know what's worse.

Theoractically, acne marks are worse then acne because they taken months to fade wheras pimples( not cysts!) take at most 1 week to rid of. However if you didn't have acne in the first place, you wouldn't have the marks. So in practical, I agree they both suck.

I agree, they both suck, and they can both be hard to conceal. However, at this point, I just want my active acne to subside so I can start focusing on treating the leftover marks.

Redmarks are so much worse. I have had these deep red redmarks covering 97% of my face for a couple months now and show zero signs of fading... it looks like I have severe acne when I have like 1 small zit on my face.

i feel u guys. i have red marks all over both sides of my face and it makes me look like i ahve acne .. but i still say theyre better than huge inflammed cysts