Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
goddamnspots

better skin in a hot country?

i went dubai for 2 weeks last summer... wore no make up at all (big thing for me, i wear it all the time) washed my face a few times a day due to the sweat etc (it was roaaaaaasting in july obviously) sometimes with just plain water sometimes with a face wash, i would apply BP but not much... when i came back to England i stayed with my BF for 2 weeks and he kept saying how great my skin looked (even with no make-up on!) as i had hardly any scarring and no acne!!

however at the end of those 2 weeks whilst i was with my BF in england i started getting a spot or two.. then it all went downhill even though i would still use BP and occasionally steam my face. so im thinking that the hot weather (clearing my pores) and also no make-up (even more clearing the pores) and the BP worked rather well...

think i might try it out again next time i go to a hot country for a holiday!!

I find that hot, humid weather makes my skin go nuts, and my acne becomes perceptibly worse--not to mention that using topicals and layering products becomes harder, too.

I find that hot, humid weather makes my skin go nuts, and my acne becomes perceptibly worse--not to mention that using topicals and layering products becomes harder, too.

i went dubai for 2 weeks last summer... wore no make up at all (big thing for me, i wear it all the time) washed my face a few times a day due to the sweat etc (it was roaaaaaasting in july obviously) sometimes with just plain water sometimes with a face wash, i would apply BP but not much... when i came back to England i stayed with my BF for 2 weeks and he kept saying how great my skin looked (even with no make-up on!) as i had hardly any scarring and no acne!!

however at the end of those 2 weeks whilst i was with my BF in england i started getting a spot or two.. then it all went downhill even though i would still use BP and occasionally steam my face. so im thinking that the hot weather (clearing my pores) and also no make-up (even more clearing the pores) and the BP worked rather well...

My mother went to Malaysia for two weeks a couple of years ago. She said that the humidity helped her skin and she didn't get a single spot during that time. But a lot of people on this forum have had the opposite experience. Me, I don't travel much so I wouldn't know!!

I haven't been much help have I! :)

Same here.

Ditto. I always have better skin in humid climates for some reason...

I've noticed a trend for me as well...humidity seems to help my skin even though it is oily...

My skin was at its worst when I was 15 & I took a trip to Florida & came back with almost completely clear skin, only to begin breaking out again a few weeks after returning. Maybe it was coincidence though...

It's hot where I live, but dry, and that does not seem so great for my skin.

maybe heat makes u eat less food and drink more water, i think that helps cuz if u were to starve yourself, u wouldnt get any acne (vit b5/co-a link). secondly, the consistancy of sebum changes in hot weather, it becomes more fluid and is excreted thru your pores more easily so the probability of clogging decreases. any humididty induced inflammation that could cause your pores to "close" and lead to clogs is temporary and can be helped with eating less cooked protein (freeacnebook.com....it'll explain...). i personally HATE hot, humid weather ( i have a very low heat tolerance, i LOVE winter) and stay indoors where there's AC so i wouldnt know how it affects my skin... however, radiation of certain wavelenghts, found in sunlight kill p.acnes but the cons of uv in sunlight much outweigh the pros imo.

I lived in India for a year and I can say that it definitely did NOT help me. Really my skin was about the same.

I've always heard that humidity is really good for the skin.... I guess if you have acne, you have acne, though, you know?

I live in the South where it is VERY humid from around april until november... I still have acne. My skin is clear ( mostly) because of the regimen but I would definately break out if I stopped the regimen. I do know that my skin is worse in the winter though. It is much clearer and healthy looking in the summer when it's humid.