Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

so...unless i'm a complete moron i believe that older (40+) men are encouraged to take saw palmetto to reduce their prostate size because an enlarged prostate puts pressure on the bladder right? and this increased pressure means the man has to piss more often ? so taking saw palmetto should result in less frequent urge for urination or more urge ? i know it is labelled as a diuretic which by definition increases urine flow but i keep hearing prostate enlargment being associated with increased urination

i am asking this because i recently switched to a much higher potency saw palmetto supplement yesterday (3200 mg per pill) and i had to get up 3 times to piss last night instead of once ! (i drink my chlorophyll drink before sleep so one trip is expected after a few hours of sleep but anymore seems ridiculous)

the saw palmetto may reduce my DHT production even more on top of my dietary changes but i can't get any damn sleep if i have to go piss multiple times a night (i'm 25)

Coincidentally,I'm 25 and I started taking saw palmetto capsules today. 1x320mg standardized in the morning with breakfast. Bloody hell does the stuff stink. It is strong, If I burp a couple of hours later I can taste it, don't really mind it that much.

Mmmmm....as far as pissing more often, I don't think the saw should make any difference, unless you are taking it before going to sleep.

In regards to potency are you sure it is 3200mg and not 320mg (typo), 3200 is a lot mate, a hell of a lot if it is standardized to 85-95% fatty acids. WHat dosage are you on exactly?

I'm taking it for DHT reduction too, have you seen improvments yet? You also mention your diet, what kind of diet are you on? I personally find a low fat diet helps my back acne a great deal, it may be to do with the fact that low fat diets reduce's testosterone by about 15-20%.

so...unless i'm a complete moron i believe that older (40+) men are encouraged to take saw palmetto to reduce their prostate size because an enlarged prostate puts pressure on the bladder right? and this increased pressure means the man has to piss more often ? so taking saw palmetto should result in less frequent urge for urination or more urge ? i know it is labelled as a diuretic which by definition increases urine flow but i keep hearing prostate enlargment being associated with increased urination

i am asking this because i recently switched to a much higher potency saw palmetto supplement yesterday (3200 mg per pill) and i had to get up 3 times to piss last night instead of once ! (i drink my chlorophyll drink before sleep so one trip is expected after a few hours of sleep but anymore seems ridiculous)

the saw palmetto may reduce my DHT production even more on top of my dietary changes but i can't get any damn sleep if i have to go piss multiple times a night (i'm 25)

Yeah the extract is the standardized version. Same thing. But 4-6 pills seems a lot, is that what you were on Dcksteel? How did you do on it anyway, improvement?

Yeah the extract is the standardized version. Same thing. But 4-6 pills seems a lot, is that what you were on Dcksteel? How did you do on it anyway, improvement?

i take it after dinner anywhere between 5 and 8 pm, i go to sleep after 11pm

it was not a typo, the dose really is 3200mg per pill

i asked around in the health store i bought it at and the guy said this stuff is the most potent he has

30 pills for $30 with a pill a day

as for diet:

limited grains except breakfast

no wheat

no dairy except whey

no juices

no coffee

no simple carbs

no beef/pork

no nuts/seeds/eggs

no added salt

lots of water

lots of raw and cooked veggies

lots of chicken/fish

i take it after dinner anywhere between 5 and 8 pm, i go to sleep after 11pm

it was not a typo, the dose really is 3200mg per pill

i asked around in the health store i bought it at and the guy said this stuff is the most potent he has

30 pills for $30 with a pill a day

as for diet:

limited grains except breakfast

no wheat

no dairy except whey

no juices

no coffee

no simple carbs

no beef/pork

no nuts/seeds/eggs

no added salt

lots of water

lots of raw and cooked veggies

lots of chicken/fish

Dcks right, you got the wrong stuff mate, I made the same mistake. Previously I had bought 360 tabs for £15 (1000mg), but they are not standardized to 85-95% fatty acids, and that is the key. So they went in the bin, and I bought some more (from Holland and Barret actually) which was standardized.

Do not get confused by size, it's not that simple dude.

Dcks right, you got the wrong stuff mate, I made the same mistake. Previously I had bought 360 tabs for £15 (1000mg), but they are not standardized to 85-95% fatty acids, and that is the key. So they went in the bin, and I bought some more (from Holland and Barret actually) which was standardized.

Do not get confused by size, it's not that simple dude.

I'm gonna follow your lead Dck and take 640mg, 2x320mg. What sort of acne do you have Dck? Is it facial only or body too? I only have back acne and even then it is sporadic, 4-5 zits a week but always extremely red and inflamed and seems to be initiated by friction (leaning back on my desk chair for example)

I am also a bit para about my hairline, since about 21 it has been slowly receding and thinning, so hopefully the saw palmetto should combat this too. If it does work for acne and as a side effect has an impact on my hairline I am gonna be the happiest fecker on the planet.

I'm gonna follow your lead Dck and take 640mg, 2x320mg. What sort of acne do you have Dck? Is it facial only or body too? I only have back acne and even then it is sporadic, 4-5 zits a week but always extremely red and inflamed and seems to be initiated by friction (leaning back on my desk chair for example)

I am also a bit para about my hairline, since about 21 it has been slowly receding and thinning, so hopefully the saw palmetto should combat this too. If it does work for acne and as a side effect has an impact on my hairline I am gonna be the happiest fecker on the planet.

well what the hell is consider high potency for a saw palmetto extract then ?

screw it i'll finish off this bottle and find something else then

no! dont give up yet my son. I emailed the company and asked them if its truly 3200mg of 80-05% fatty acids saw palmetto extract per 1 pill or if its just a typo or 320mg and the rest is filler... if they tell me its truly 3200mg of extract, then cymph my son,.. u just made a fuckin wicked discovery!

no! dont give up yet my son. I emailed the company and asked them if its truly 3200mg of 80-05% fatty acids saw palmetto extract per 1 pill or if its just a typo or 320mg and the rest is filler... if they tell me its truly 3200mg of extract, then cymph my son,.. u just made a fuckin wicked discovery!

Just a side note, isnt one of the potential side effects of saw palmetto hair loss??

Yeah mate, I plan to keep everyone updated. If a couple of us are doing this then we should make this the official saw palmetto log or something.

One thing I am pondering however, why would it take so long for the stuf to work? It is meant to inhibit DHT almost immediately and hence it should stop acne immediately in theory. Will just have to wait and see.

In regards to hair loss, I have researched SP extensively and have yet to find anything which says it causes hair loss, everything says the exact opposite.

Had a bad breakout today, which is shit as I have been taking the stuff for 2 days now and had hoped it would have made an impact on DHT, or at least some.

I just started taking saw palmetto a little less than a week ago.

Since i'm a girl I only take two 160mg pills a day.

I don't have acne anymore but I do have a major problem with oily skin and hormones.....hopefully this stuff alongside fish oil should help.

Hi Roxy, So you are saying that the SP actually stopped your acne within a week?

I'm happy for you, hope it works for me too....