Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

i got collagen injections last week and the week before. i have shallow to medium rolling scars, several ice pick scars, and bad skin texture from cystic acne. while the scars arent totally gone, my skin looks so much better. i had to get two syringes at $500 each and think i may go back for a third next week. while expensive, it's the only thing i've done so far that i can see a change with.

i wish i'd done this years ago instead of all the other stuff, but realize its never that easy. as everyone on here has said: 1) nobody else's skin is exactly like yours. you're going to have to start going to doctors to figure out what to do 2) the first thing you try probably isn't going to work aka you're going to "waste" money 3) that wasted money will lead you to something that does work 4) one thing probably won't fix it. it's a combo of things.

i have noticeable improvement which now makes me feel so much better and gives me hope that i will be able to get more improvement if i keep trying stuff. and i realize i'll probably never have "perfect" skin. i don't need it. i just need it to look better than it did and now it does!!

and i spelled collagen wrong TWICE and cant figure out how to correct it or edit my thread. oh well!!

yeah i've heard of it. i thought it might help the texture, but haven't gotten to that point in the process yet. now that i have improvement with the bigger of the issues, now i can focus on other ones. thanks for the info!!

i dont know all this scar lingo well. it didnt fill the ice picks. that i know. the doctor said its nearly impossible to do with filler. it was rolling scars mostly and the ones that are individual with edges. this is what i know: almost all of my scars disappear nearly completely if i stretch my skin very slightly or push is up from the bottom. whatever they're called, i dont know exactly.

I used to have cosmoderm and it was good.

Though it only lasted a few months with diminishing returns obviosly.

My advice for filler patients is to keep your fluids up and stay away from alcohol.

It works best on rolling scars definatly... though the ice pick ones also get improvment I found that the filler seems to dissapear quicker.

I have had to sessions with fraxel.. which blasted the cosmoderm out of my skin and it looks the same (post 2 months after filler... cause by 2 months there the filler is disapearing) .. so from this I can safe the fraxel is working.

I did fillers for 1 1/2 years then I thought, stuff it.. ill spend 5-6 months, cross my fingers and hope that I dont have to do anything else to my skin.

I find the weeks and months go so quickly these days.. 5-6 months is nothing.. i get my next fraxel in 2 weeks.. so im half way there :)

If fraxel doesnt get have alot of sucess on certain scars I may opt for a permenant filler for certin ones.. but probably not.. will see :)

i too have noticed that drinking, which dehydrates you, is not good. the day after i look horibble. when i drink lots of water, i look great. i also look great after i go running, which is a little weird b/c i sweat so much, but its cool either way.

filler and fraxel seems like killer combo. i'm going to continue with fillers (collagen or otherwise) and research fraxel. as i said, even with collagen, the "bad texture" isn't erased. on the plus side, though, i am much less self-conscious as my skin looks much better overall.

i too have noticed that drinking, which dehydrates you, is not good. the day after i look horibble. when i drink lots of water, i look great. i also look great after i go running, which is a little weird b/c i sweat so much, but its cool either way.

filler and fraxel seems like killer combo. i'm going to continue with fillers (collagen or otherwise) and research fraxel. as i said, even with collagen, the "bad texture" isn't erased. on the plus side, though, i am much less self-conscious as my skin looks much better overall.

i just looked in the mirror again in full sunlight and want to keep this post going: the collagen is amazing. if you have rolling scars or bad texture, check it out. go for a consultation. i really wish i'd known about this 5 years ago! well, i knew about collagen, but didnt realize it could help me.