Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hi. I'm not on Accutane, but I do use emu oil occasionally.

I would think that is would be particularly great to use while on Accutane, as it is just so soothing. I actually applied it to my dry cracking feet (along with MaMa lotion) and they are almost normal looking now. I'm not sure whether to credit the MaMa or the emu to that miracle, but I'm tending toward the emu oil right now as I read that someone else (on a personal blog) did a similar thing and her feet healed up completely.

My feet looked like the first foot in the next picture.

Foot xerosis

Not anymore. :)

My feet look like the 1st picture.... its been like that for at least a year now :o

Emu oil!!! MaMa lotion!!! You're cured! :P Worked for me (mostly). I applied emu oil all over both feet very liberally one night and let it soak in all night into the next day. The next day I put MaMa on after shower. Then in the shower the next day exfoliated with baby's hair brush and St. Ives invigorating scrub. Then got out and put on emu oil liberally while feet were slightly moist. The next day again MaMa. Now many fewer dry scales. Still some, but nowhere near as bad.

I think the emu oil alone might cure you, but I thought I'd try the exfoliative abilities of MaMa on my feet. I guess I'll just be using the emu now because I used up my MaMa sample. I will see if it comes back. I sure hope not.

I've been so tempted to get emu oil for the longest time now... but I still get turned off about putting bird oil on me! :lol: I'm paranoid i'll smell like KFC or something :P

I've been so tempted to get emu oil for the longest time now... but I still get turned off about putting bird oil on me! :lol: I'm paranoid i'll smell like KFC or something :P

I'm warning you...if you have pets, they will become VERY friendly with your feet. It does have an odd smell (and believe me, my nose is sensitive, I can smell C-Diff at 40 feet), but so long as you don't stick your feet in your nose, you should be ok. Just resist that temptation, and you'll be fine. :D