Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Although i've had acne for about 12 years, one thing i know about myself is that i'm usually a very quick healer, even if i get big red inflamed spots - i pop them and within days no trace of them ever remain. But recently it seems like all of a sudden my skin has lost it's ability to heal.... i'm absolutely certain i'm not imagining this and here is why...

I have been looking at photos of myself from a few months ago before i started taking any kind of medication for my skin (i was just washing my face) and i had several very huge obvious spots. These have all disappeared without a trace as usual. I now take various pills and supplements which i'll list below. for the last couple of months since taking all this stuff i've noticed that EVERY single spot leaves a red mark that doesn't fade in the slightest. a couple of weeks ago i had a couple of tiny whiteheads on my chin which disappeared quickly but the marks still look as if i popped the spots five minutes ago. every red mark is now just staying on my face and not fading AT ALL which may be normal for some people but as i've said my skin usually heals remarkably quickly. here is what i do and take every day;

MORNING;

moisturise with clean & clear dual action moisturiser

lymecycline (tetralysal 300) 300mg

AFTER FIRST MEAL;

vitamin c 500mg

MSM 1000mg

AFTER SECOND MEAL;

omega 3 capsule (with vit a,d,e)

vitamin b complex tablet

AFTER EVENING MEAL;

zinc picolinate 25mg

vitamin c 500mg

MSM 1000mg

BEFORE BED;

wash with clearasil 3 in 1 cleanser

so there you have it.... i would love to hear from anyone who can shed some light on why this might be happening or just hear from someone who has experienced the same thing. as many opinions as possible very much appreciated! thanks folks...

Matt

Same EXACT thing! I was always like that too until 3 months ago (I'm 26). Now EVERY pimple leaves a red mark that doesn't fade and a lot of them leave permanent scars. I never had that problem before. I can trace it back to when I started using Benzamycin I think. But then at that time my acne was at its worst. I can't figure out if it's the medication or if my skin just got so out of whack that it couldn't repair itself well anymore. Or if just the massive amount of stress in my life right now is making it like this. :rolleyes:

Yeh you know what you said at the end there could well be true, i've read a few articles that say stress affects wound healing, and i stress about my skin BIGTIME! i was kinda hoping a few more people would reply to this.... i'm so desperate for info.

Yeah I'm desperate too! I can deal with breakouts, but when they are ALMOST ALL starting to leave scars it kind of makes you freak out a little bit. I don't know what to do. I'm just going to keep up the treatment with the benzamycin. I used benzoyl peroxide for years without this problem. I know people say it can make things worse but I just don't know. I'm too scared to stop using it at this point. As for the stress...well I'm not sure how to improve that. It just won't go away.

I think that as you get older even into your mid twenties your skin does start to take longer to heal which is why you may feel that the red marks are hanging around longer although they should fade eventually.

I know from personal experience that stress can really make acne much much worse. I dont think being stressed helps healing either. Try to do what you can to make put yourself into a calmed mood. Whether it may be mild exercise or drinking tea or whatever it is.

I, too, find that the marks sometimes take a long time to go away. Since I've been using the bakingsoda and peroxide scrub daily for a few days, it has helped a lot.

I have a volcano on my chin right now. The infection is out of it. What is left is a mildly raised volcano-like red thing with a crater in the middle. I'm using antibiotic ointment on it right now. Does anyone have any suggestions on what would speed up the healing of this monster??

I appreciate any suggestions you may have.

Thanks! :cry:

Yeah it happens to me too! Before I got thos sever acne breakout 10 months ago my wounds or scars would heal fast, but these days even a slight cut can take months to heal. And if anything I've been eating much healthier than before, so it means:

(1) I'm way too conscious about my skin now.

(2) Because of the huge amount of red marks in my skin now it takes longer for the individual marks/scars to heal. When you have just one mark the skin could probably concentrate entirely on healing it, but when there are so many marks all over it takes longer to heal.... any truth to this?

(2) Because of the huge amount of red marks in my skin now it takes longer for the individual marks/scars to heal. When you have just one mark the skin could probably concentrate entirely on healing it, but when there are so many marks all over it takes longer to heal.... any truth to this?

This is my theory!