Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
goodlife

Does exfoliating actually work?

No clue--

I've been using an electric oral-B toothbrush morning and night, gently running it over my face. Afterwards I put Neosporin on. I haven't had a new zit in the two weeks I've been doing it and my complexion has gotten better.

My only concern is about using Neosporin so much... its an antibiotic and a lot of people say not to use it regularly.

Yes, exfoliating does help a lot. I dont know about that facial sponge, it looks kinda harsh to me.

You can exfoliate with baking soda...just mix some in with your face wash. Or you can buy a AHA or a BHA product.

Good luck!

Exfoliating definitely helps. You won't see results overnight, but it will speed up the process of skin turnover. If you want to use a sponge or any other manual exfoliant, just make sure you're gentle with it - never scrub too hard. There are other ways to exfoliate, such as glycolic acids, BHA and AHA which are also pretty good and worth looking into. good luck ^_^

Thanks for the replys.

These BHA's and AHA's, is there any you reccomend?

Ive heard people talking about paulas choice, this is the european version

http://www.paulaschoice-eu.com/shop/default.asp

Are these the right products?

Are they only for women?

Ive used exfoliating cleansers, but I suppose they are not the same as BHA's or AHA's?

Thanks for you help.

Thanks for the replys.

These BHA's and AHA's, is there any you reccomend?

Ive heard people talking about paulas choice, this is the european version

http://www.paulaschoice-eu.com/shop/default.asp

Are these the right products?

Are they only for women?

Ive used exfoliating cleansers, but I suppose they are not the same as BHA's or AHA's?

Thanks for you help.

Yes, Paula's Choice has good BHA's like the 2% BHA liquid. You can order a sample and see how it works out for you. Alpha Hydrox has AHA products like the 12% Glycolic Souffle and the Alpha Hydrox Enhanced Lotion (that Dan recommends). Personally, I've never tried Paula's Choice but I have tried Alpha Hydrox products and they worked really well for me. I currently use their face wash, and moisturizer and I'm very happy with them.

Oh, and they're not just for women :)