Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Kellsbells

Kels accutane log

I took pics of my skin this morning. Cant believe it has got this bad again.

It is about its worst again but some of them look like they are begining to dry out...face very sore though :(

One thing I havent mentioned though was how smooth my back is. Never really had acne on my ack just the occasional pimple and blackhead. But must have had clogged pores because it did feel a little rough before and now it is silky smooth!! :dance::dance:

So things are not all bad!

Am wondering if because my acne is hormone related to some extent it is not going to be fixed with roaccutane :cry: I know its very early days it is just something I have been thinking since starting tane :shrug:

Hope my face looks better tomorrow

hey kel.. two of my friends had severe hormonal acne on their cheeks and took accutane.. now they are both clear probably with the help of birth control as well to keep the hormones in check.. my one friend gets a cyst or two monthly.. but it has helped them.. also the woman i work for was telling me how she alway broke out until basically she had her children.. shes 36 and told me that in a way she was glad that she had bad skin when she was younger because even though she still gets a few small pimples monthly.. her skin is much more youthful than her friends.. she was saying how no one believe how old she is and that all of her friends are already getting botox and are jealous of her skin..

keep your head up.. you will be clear soon :)

Thanks guys ;)

Day 48!!

Almost cant believe I have nearly completed 2 months!!

This week has beeen pretty busy so sorry i havent updated.

My skin is still going through another big break out :cry:

They are slow to heal too, not like my last big break out where the spots seemed to heal quickly or at least dry up and turn flakey. These were very raised, inflamed and are now still like sores and not drying out. YUCK!

I weigh 59kg and take 40mg do you think my derm may put me up when I see him next week?

I dont really have any bad side effects (except for bloating) even my lips are under control with the right treatment (bepanthen). :D

Well I will see what he thinks. It may be an option.

Im not expecting to be clear yet but like us all was hoping to be one of the lucky ones that doesnt get the IB and bad breakouts...oh well the end result will be the same! I am anticipating a 6 month course so I am not even half way yet.

Thanks again guys for your comments, it really helps a lot x

hey kel...this accutane thang sure isn't easy, is it??? it's so hard to be patient. sorry to hear about more breakouts....i'm right there with ya. hang in, hopefully clear skin is on the way. ;)

elizabeth

hey kel.. i iced a cyst on my chin today and it helped take some of the pain away.. maybe will take the swelling away too.. hope you have a better day tomorrow and it will all be over soon.. 6 months will hopefully fly by for all of us !

Hi Girls!

Thanks for your messages...we are all wishing away our breakouts! :pray:

Today has been long and my pimples still persisting. :wall: Its my neck and jawline that wont let up its just contant! :wall:

Tomorrow will be a better day for sure! :pray:

Hey kell,

Havn't posted for ages...sorry to hear about your breakout, it really sucks.....i had a really bad one about two days ago all ovr my neck but it has really improved over the last couple days...your skin changes so much on this drug.

Hope this breakout ends soon for you, most people see huge improvments around the 3 month mark...you should start seeing improvements very shortly.

Hang in there,

Nick

hey kel.. the ice may have helped seems a bit smaller.. but for a while it took away the pain..

hope you had a good day

Hey Kel-

I just read through your log. I am pretty new to accutane, and to this whole log thing as well. I just wanted to say I'm sorry you're having such a hard time, what with your brother and the relentless breaking out. I bet your skin will get better soon. I've only been using accutane 15 days, had an initial breakout, and am hoping the rest of these guys that are hanging on will go away soon. Anyway, good luck.

Emily

Hi Nick hope things are doing well for you too!

Yeah your skin does change quickly on tane hey! sometimes for the better and sometimes with a crappy breakout!

Oh well the end of the road is still a long way away so just keep hoping for the best!

Take it easy :)

Hi Emily I remember it wasnt that long ago I was at day 15. It does seem to go quickly but each day can also seem long with acne! Thanks for your support. Have you got a log? i will have to have a look and follow your progress. Goodluck with the clearing! :)

rsa havent checked your log yet but hoping your chin has calmed down a bit! ;)

Day 50

Yay 50 days! My breakout seems to have eased off a bit. Still have about 8 actives around neck and jawline. Think I might start ranking my skin out of 10 so I can look back and see improvements or if I am still going up and down.

Today would be a 5/10 with actives and some inflamed lumps along neck and jawline. couple on cheeks seem to be improving.

Touch wood I am on another healing path!

Hi Rashelle

My back is smooth. I never really had any problems with my back only the very occasional pimple and probably clogged pores...but now it feels great. If there is any chance my face is going to end up that smooth it will be so fantastic!!! :dance: Cant imagine it!

Prednisone souds like it would be steroid based and would therefore help with the inflammation.

I am seeing my derm in a couple of days, so will see what he thinks of my skin and maybe up the dose :shrug: Hope things are settle down soon for you. In two weeks when you see your derm you may be doing a lot better, I hope so. :angel:

Day 52

hi all hope everyone had a nice weekend. I spent the weekend relaxing and mostly makeup free. A few of the hard plugs came out with a little help ;) on the weekend. Cant believe something so small can cause so much trouble. :confused: They came out quite easily and i was very gentle as i didnt want to make situation worse. But it still amazes me that those little hard things caus us to have acne :evil::evil::evil: It really does astound me, the whole acne process!!! :evil:

Anyway enough of my ramblings. No new actives today and looks like thing are drying up. I have had two lumps under my chin for weeks and they just wont come to a head!!! Starting to really frustrate me. Wish they would just come out!! Have to go to hairdresser today...yuck hate having to look at myself and have someone up that close to my skin. 5.5/10

I have complained a lot this morning havnt I? sorry! :wall:

Have a nice day x ;)

hey kells

im totally with u on the whole how can tiny things like that cause such a big problem for ppls skin! little buggers. great that they r coming out tho. the under the skin ones on yr chin sound rather annoying, u tried applying anything topically? accutane will kcik their butt eventually.

i had the same thing with the hairdrssers 4 a while 2, in fact i was a total coward and cancelled my appt a while bk. i finally went this weekend. hang in there. they say month 3 is the magic and yr nearly there! ive really noticed that the last couple wks my skin has been looking good & im not much ahead of u

Thanks lucy ;)

I havent applied anything topically since being on accutane. Have you got any suggestions? or should i just let the tane do its work :think: I am not far behind you so hoping that as i head to month 3 they will finally give up and go! :pray:

I was silly and changed my air appt for later in week...I wont cancel again as its just silly but my neck was really bothering me and i just wasnt feeling confident. :(

Day 53

Not much to say today. No new ones this morning. Where I have cleared on my forehead and tops of my cheeks looks really good. Its weird I havent really noticed my freckles like this before. I have them on my cheeks and nose. They dont bother me but they seem more prominent? wonder if thats because my skin is thiner or that I dont have acne there so I am focusing on something else. Anyway just curious... :eh:

Skin looks a bit calmer this morning but my neck is itchy and that usually means the little buggers are trying to come to the surface, which is good and bad. Still a 5.5 today.

Have a good day :)

Hello! I've been reading your log and love how positive you are! I'm still on the 31 day wait period, and am getting very anxious to begin Accutane!! On one of your earlier logs you had questioned using self-tanner on your face. I was curious about using it for my body and wanted your advice if you had tried it. Is it OK to use something like Jergens Natural Glow? I'm the maid-of-honor in a wedding in October, and would like to avoid sun exposure while on the med. Am really hoping to maintain such a positive attitude like you have throughout your process! Good luck and thanks Kell!

Thanks lucy ;)

I havent applied anything topically since being on accutane. Have you got any suggestions? or should i just let the tane do its work :think: I am not far behind you so hoping that as i head to month 3 they will finally give up and go! :pray:

I was silly and changed my air appt for later in week...I wont cancel again as its just silly but my neck was really bothering me and i just wasnt feeling confident. :(

Day 53

Not much to say today. No new ones this morning. Where I have cleared on my forehead and tops of my cheeks looks really good. Its weird I havent really noticed my freckles like this before. I have them on my cheeks and nose. They dont bother me but they seem more prominent? wonder if thats because my skin is thiner or that I dont have acne there so I am focusing on something else. Anyway just curious... :eh:

Skin looks a bit calmer this morning but my neck is itchy and that usually means the little buggers are trying to come to the surface, which is good and bad. Still a 5.5 today.

hey kell...youre almost done your second month already...wow time goes fast....hopefully things start to get a lot better for you in the third month...it sure is a bumpy ride thats for sure..but you're always so positive!! thats awesome....take care and keep us posted

tammy

Thanks lucy ;)

Day 53

hey. i have been using a topical antibiotic on and off during my course just on certain areas if i had some under the skin type thing lingering around. im only on 30mg a day of tane so i guess my skin probably isnt quite as asensitive as if ur on a higher dose. ive had no problems with it tho. i think its helped bring things out quicker earlier on in my course and just sort of dissolved other things before they become an issue. vaseline has been great for me to for healing up skin. i think some ppl have commented that it can clogged there pores but its been great for me and ive read similar good things frm other ppl on here, so you could give that a go sometime maybe. bring on month 3, it really is the magic month i think! my skin has never looked better. its just around the corner 4 u!

hey kell,

Sounds like your doing well...you havn't updated for a while, hope everything is alright because i enjoy reading your log.

I am about 1 month and 1/2 in now and clearing quite nicely.

Take care,

Nick

Hi Guys

so sorry I havent been on for ages. :naughty::naughty: Many reasons fistly my laptop had to go away fo an upgade etc. I have been also finalising some last issues that have arisen regarding my brother. It has been extremely stessful and seems never ending.

I have seen my dermatologist and have gone up to 60mg. Initially was very tired again and had some bad headaches but that seems to be resolving itself again. My face is looking pretty good. My jawline and neck are still the worst. I have about 6-8 actives. People are commenting that the textue of my skin looks a lot smoother and clearer. :dance::dance:

I am at work so I will update more later. Hope everyone has beautiful and clear skin!!! :clap:

Looking forward to reading all of your logs to see how your all going

xx