Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Kellsbells

Kels accutane log

Gosh, you do have it worse than me if you work in the medical industry; I just work with a bunch of computer nerds.

Not much to check in my log. Things are pretty boring. In some ways, I'm disappointed that my experience was been so non-storyish. I guess it just seems like the more pain the more gain. I know that's not really true, but you know what I mean.

Day 21

Still the same as yesterday. Am worried that every one of these bumps clogged pores? mila? is going to be a pimple. Has someone else had this...is it just going to dry eventually and just disappear or am I going to have another million pimples before I clear up?

Blahhhhhh!

Hi Kells. I remeber when i was just starting out I needed to drink tons of water to not have the headaches. I woke up every morning with a freakin headache, but the more water I drank the better hey got. Good luck. You are almost to a month. yippeee. Pretty soon you will be done with clear and beautiful skin.

Hey girl,

Just wanted to stop by and see how you are doing....well I hope. Won't it be great in 5 or 6 months when we check in on each other and can say "I have clear skin!"??? I can't wait. :) Hope it's sooner than 5 or 6 months too. Hee hee.

Elizabeth

hey kells

been reading thru yr log. by the sounds of things so far it has been pretty up and down for you. i think it tends to become a bit more stable 4 most ppl nxt month. hope u are clearer for yr presentation tho!! happy thoughts lol. i had tiny bumps all over my face to start with, they were kinda like a lot of under the skin whitehead type things. some of them became inflammed and some of them just went away on their own. try not 2 pick at them if u can help it. thanks 4 stopping by my log 2

Hey again kells,

Headaches are a common side effect while on tane and drinking lots of water during ur course shud relly relieve the pain and is good for your liver and skin anywayz...

Do you know how long you will be on your treatment and your comulative dossage becuase i think my acne is similar to yours.

Best of luck,

Nick

Hi Pip,Elizabeth,Lucy and Nick

Thanks sooooo much for your posts and words of encouragement! :D

I am trying not to be too down about the ongoing IB, caus I can see some patches of clear skin. Small but promising ;)

Am trying to drink lots of water. It is really cold at the moment so i find it hard to ckeep up the water. But am forcing myself.

Have pretty much keep myself hidden away this weekend. Today am suppose to go to a friends for a hit of tennis if its not raining...mmmm maybe I should do a rain dance :lol:

Today is day 22 same old same old!

Thanks again guys for coming by it really helps! :)

Have pretty much keep myself hidden away this weekend. Today am suppose to go to a friends for a hit of tennis if its not raining...mmmm maybe I should do a rain dance :lol:

Hehe.

I just thought id say it's nice to see a sense of humour :D I hope you have a successful time with your accutane, I hear it's a bit rough at first and then starts to clear up :)

I'm so fed up with my spots i'm trying something radical :P I stole my mums Elizabeth Arden Green Tea tree wash because I read somewhere that green tea is a good cleanser!

Unfortunately what I stole was actually shower gel in a cleanser type tube, haha! Didn't realise until after, but it has made my face tight, smooth and also less shiny, which my face usually is!

So I think I will keep using it, even though it isn't for the face; who knows, it might work lol!

Anywho's, I really really wish you the best of luck; keep up the effort!

Regards,

Brian.

Ps. Tennis sucks anyway \^_^P

Hi Kel hope your IB decides to give it up soon!

My skin is lumpy and bumpy too i have found that it does seem to clear up quicker and the lumps that were there for a long time once they turned into a spot, they seem to be gone for good!

still swearing by the aloe vera for soft skin too

hope it rained!

hey kells,

Thanks for ur advise on my log, i will be dropping down to 40mg from now on. Hope this IB ends 4 u soon, its amazing how much happens to ur skin so rapidly while on this drug.

GOOD LUCK in getting clear...u deffinatley deserve it!!!

will check up on u 2 see how your doing.

Nick

Hey Nick, Brian and Sarah

Thanks sooo much for your posts. I relly appreciate the support!!

Guess what it rained!! Not just a little bit a lot! :lol::lol::lol:

Classic got to hide out all weekend feeling sorry for myself :boohoo:

On a brighter note :angel: my IB seems to have calmed down a little. Still have lots of actives that are drying up and some pretty lumpy bumpy bits but its generally not getting worse...maybe even a little better today. :clap:

I am scared to think I have turned the corner though as It could change any minute!

Today was day 25

I have just got back from a run with my dog. There was football training (aussie rules) at the oval near my house so my run was quite enjoyable... :drool: my dog chased the ball I chased the boys :lol:

Anyway hope you are all doing great

kelx

hey kell..ive been reading your logs every day.... hope you dont mind..... i am 36 from nova scotia and been on accutane for 11 days now.... you all give me great hope... i shyed away from the accutane for years, after hearing all the side effects...

i get the cystic acne on my chin...right now ive had quite the break out since yesterday.... i guess i expected it but still it sucks...and is painful....it is great to know that we do have people to talk to about this..my friends and family have no idea and look at me like i have three heads when i try to explain how painful it is...get over it they say... yeah right...

anyways, i just wanted to introduce myself to you guys, and i hope things get better for you...all i hear, is it will get worse before it gets better...yuck!

hope you all dont mind me chattering here...but y'know what, i feel better already!!!

take care kell and everyone else too!! ill be checking in to see how everyone progress is coming along...

tammy

Hi Tammy

Of course I dont mind...its great.I hope my log helps you as much as others have helped me. Feel free to come by any time and chat about anything, I love it.

Accutane is the way to go, I really believe that now. Unfortunately I didnt do it sooner! :( But doesnt matter I am looking to future now. The way I see it, it really doesnt matter how bad the IB gets or side effects are if I end up acne free. Its going to be life changing :D

Thanks for your words of encouragement, I wish you well too! ;)

Day 26

Still on the improve I think :think: No new actives today. The worst part is still under my jawline. Hundreds of little lumps. My skin is no longer oily at all but its not too dry. Its not flakey or anything. I think the calendula cream has been really good keeping my skin calm. My lips are still ok too. In terms of side effects I feel pretty good. Have been a little bloated but I am sure I havent been drinking enough so I am sure that will go away when I drink more.

hope everyone had a good day :angel:

As long as you are allowed to post keep posting and getting advice from others.

Still think its important you get bloodwork done at the very least.

keep in touch

Kel ;)

Hey Kells, you left a reply on my journal, so ill try and keep up with yours. I hope everything is going great, and you WILL get better, don't worry. Good luck!

Day 27 and 28

Still the same really. have two cysts under jawline which dont seem to be going anywhere which is frustrating me! And those bumpy lumps! Isnt anyone else getting as tired of hearing about them as I am having them!!!

My skin just looks so rough, thats what I am really disliking. I know its temporary but I still hate it. Before tane at least with makeup I could cover pimples and the rest of the skin was fairly smooth. :boohoo::boohoo::boohoo:

What a WHINGER I am tonight!!

Next Sat night I have this big Gala charity event attended by lots of world renown surgeons and many local ones too. I really want my skin to be clear and not look like a teenager with acne for one night!! (Not that there is anything wrong with teenagers with acne :doh: )

But it would be nice to feel confident in front of colleagues etc. So just a little improvement next week is all I want! :pray::pray::pray::pray:

Happy weekend all

hey Kel,

I know what you mean by the little lumps under the skin, i used to get these about 2 months ago...mainly on my neck, they wern't red and didn't hurt at all but just made my neck look uneven.

I'm about 2 weeks in now and have seen a 50% improvement...red marks fading dramatically and active spots pretty much all gone except a couple little lumps on my neck. Side effects: slightly dry lips and thats it. We all respond differently to accutane, but look on the bright side, u will have clear skin in a month or 2 and time will fly.

Good luck

Nick x

Hey Im also in my second week of Accutane...Im 18yrs old and my skin has never been the best...I was on 10mg a day...now ive increased it to 20 mg a day..I have noticed a difference in my face....the acne is still there but 50% of it has gone...not only because of Accutane though..Ive also done microdermabraision and it seems to have worked..I start college tom and im really hoping to improve it...my skin is extremely inflamed and Im hoping to cool it off with a nice shower!best of luc you guys...lets get through this together!

im also on week two.....severe breakout...painful, but i notice today it has gone down quite a bit!!! has anyone been getting headaches while on accutane?

good luck all....we all deserve clear skin!

tammy

You look like you are improving good luck! By the way are you a doctor? You said that you attended a charity which many reowned surgeons and local ones which makes me wonder whether you are one. Are you?

Hi Guys

Nice so many messages ;)

Tammy , Michelle and Nick thanks for coming by. I just past my first month so not to far ahead of you. Yes we all deserve clear skin and we will have it too. I will watch your progress.

Madeline things are getting a little better. My neck and jawline still the same though.

No i am not a doctor. I work for a medical company and work very closely with surgeons on a daily basis. I will stop by your log and see how you are doing.

Hope all is well :)

Day 32

Yay I am past my first month!! :dance::dance::dance:

I have to say it has gone quite quickly. I guess I didnt really expect to be clear by now so I am not overly disappointed. :( Of course like all of us I would like to be clear though.

My neck and jawline are bothering me the most I just think it looks really yuck :mad:

But pretty happy with my progress otherwise. Have a new hard nodule near corner of mouth and a couple of friends for him close by on my jawline. All fun and games guys!! :lol: Well we have to be in it to win it! :razz:

Hope everyone is well

x

hey guys..Im on my second week...Ive increased my dosage from 10mg to 20 mg a day.My skin honestly feels better...I used to have oily skin but now it seems pretty normal...Ive got a little acne that still needs clearing up..Today was first day of my new semester and it felt so great to go out with everybody and just be normal and not worry what your face looks like....I had a lot of fun...bunked class!....my face feels better and Im much happier..hopefully its gonna clear up..wish all you guys luck in getting rid of it..lets keep each other posted on our success and failure until one fine morning we wake up, look into the mirror and see clear flawless skin..thats gonna happen some day so dont lose hope!Best of luc! :D