Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Kellsbells

Kels accutane log

Hi All,

Firstly I am so pleased I stumbled on this web site. It really confirmed for me that now was the time to try accutane. Its great that people share their stories, highs and lows of treatment and support each other so much.

i'm a 33 yr old gal from Australia, single no kids. Do have a beautiful Border Collie Jasper, he is my special boy. My brother died in an accident at home 8 months ago and since then my acne has been even worse. Its been CRAP! I think the sadness and emotional stress has played a part in making it worse. However my acne getting worse has just made me more down. :cry:

Well...why did I wait 15 years to finally go on accutane? I tried everything as many of you have, contraception, antibiotics, BP, laser and light IPL therapy. The money I have spent I would hate to even try and work out. In the last two monts before seeing my derm, I was going weekly to an acne clinic here in Adelaide. They were doing laser treatments and light therapy. I also bought all the products they recomended. In a hope that it may finally be the answer. $1600 later (8 weeks) my skin was not only worse but they continued to say that I needed more treatments and that I was stressed so it wasnt working!!!

Finally I had had enough and got an emergency appt with the derm. He imediately said tane was the the next step and after initail bloods I recieved my SCRIPT!! I was so excited when I got my script in the mail, you would have thought it was a envelope full of money the way I was carrying on!! :dance:

So I started on the 15th of June...today has been day 9

So far so good. On about day 3 I started breaking out, couple of cysts and lumps under my skin. Still have two at the moment both by my ear. Have got a mild breakout under my jawline on my neck, and my usual amount of spots. Been feeling really tired, but otherwise feel good. Am feeling positive this is going to work!!

Love reading all your progress and will look forward to your feedback too!

Cheers Kel :D

Oh my goodness, you sure have had a very stressful several months. I hope that you are finding some peace now. At least by finally choosing Accutane, you will experience some stress relief because you know your skin will someday be clear.

Good luck and please keep us posted on your progress!

If your avatar is you, you're a lovely young lady.

hey kel thanks for dropping by =)

we sound very similar, i got offered accutane just over a year ago when my acne was quite severe which i said no too, probably the biggest regret of my life, and as for the laser treatment, i dont even think it helps acne in the slightest, it made my skin red and even more sore, all they want is your money.

no one deserves to have acne it controls peoples lives and even worse, when people see acne they assume your dirty or dont wash etc. they dont realise that its not our fault and that it cant be helped :cry:

enough of the negatives anyway, i really hope this works for both of us, as wynne said above, im sure your beautiful with or without acne, im looking forward to seeing your progress

good luck!

-Liam

I know exactly how you feel. I'm 31yrs old and am at a loss as to why I never went on Accutane before [i started last week]. I could saved myself so much heartache. I suppose hindsight is 20/20.

In any case, good luck on your course! We both started about the same time so I'm looking forward to seeing your progress.

Hey I am also on 20mg of accutane per day. Good luck on your accutane journey. I have a question about the laser and light treatments you received from the acne clinic. Are they done by trained doctors? If they aren't, I'm glad you stopped because I have seen such clinics ruined people's faces before and there's no refund for it.

Wynne- Thanks...yes the Avatar is me. Pic taken end of last year (note its not a close up of my face!) Thank you for your encouragement!

Jenaus- Goodluck to you too! Isnt hindsight a lovely thing!!

Liam- We are going to shake this acne! Agreed Laser is Crap! Acne really does control your life doesnt it! People that dont have it dont really understand. I stopped going to the gym this year because I hate working out with makeup on and was to embarrased to go without...with my acne in full view. My girlfriends would say "dont worry about it!" and "its not as bad as you think" but they all have clear skin. Have missed days of work, social outings with friends etc all because of ACNE!!

Goodluck to you too! Keep in touch

Madeline- Thanks for your post. The acne clinic was run by Plastic Surgeons. However the actual treatments were done by nurses and other trained staff. The plastic surgeons however have little contact with the patients...but they sure make a lot of money out of as very vulnerable group of people. People with acne often just keep spending and going out of that small hope of better skin. Once I have clear skin I will go back and show them! An acne clinic should be run by dermatologists...not money hungry plastic surgeons! Goodluck to you too. I will be going up to 40mg in week 5, is your dose going up too?

:angel:

Kel

Kel,

Congrats on starting accutane! So sorry to hear of your brother - I can't imagine what that has been like. I hope you are healing.

I am also on 20 mg to start, going up to 40 at the end of this month. Can't wait, because this IB has been brutal and I really hope that increasing the dosage helps me to start seeing some results.

Good luck on your course! :)

Thanks Elizabeth for your support!

Day 10

Well today when I woke I had no new pimples! Thats the first day in the last 10!

The ones I do have seem to be healing quite well too.

Still have the two cysts near my ear...they dont look like going anywhere!

It is so cold at the moment am struggling to keep drinking water but am forcing it down.

I am also getting whiter every day! I was a bit of a tanner before and am stuggling with the new whit me! But I guess its so bad for you anyway its a good sacrifice!

Does anyone use a fake tan for their face? I was wondering if there are any suitable that dont cause iritation and more pimples!

Anyway I am sure I cant be over my IB already. I have fingers crossed that tomorrow I wont have anything to bad to wake up too.

Just saying hi and good luck.

No new pimples today huh. Theres a good thing!

Hopefully that will continue

I just started on Saturday so we aren't far of on the course.

'Tanes the shit. The rest of that stuff that the derm's hand out is nothing more than modern day snake oil.

It will clear you up.

Anyway, I don't really like tan women anyway, I prefer them to be fair skinned.

Hi David Goodluck! Thanks for stopping by. Have you got a log? I will keep an eye out and check on your progress too!

Hey sniper I like your style! ;) Tane is the shit! fingers crossed :pray:

Day 11

I have a feeling this is going to nbe a roller coaster of up and down days. I didnt wake with any new pimples but the entire texture of my skin on my face has changed. It is lumpy and irritated and itched all day under my make-up. Hate that I need to wear make-up to work would love to be able to let it breath all day like I do on weekends.

So my lips are pretty dry but not too bad...overall I am feeling pretty positive. Know I am on the road to where I want to be.

hello helloooo :angel:

im real glad you seem positive, staying positive is the most important thing whilst on accutane, i think.

about the skin situation, are we the only ones to have rough skin from this? lol, id like to hear that other people have it, it feels nasty.

how are you coping in general? everythings good i hope,

keep smiling, liam :)

Hi kels,

I am also 33 will be 34 in august, I am on day 100 or so and it has its ups and downs. I have had no actives in over 3 weeks just the usual red marks, good luck :clap:

Melissa

hi. i am 37 (could i be the oldest poster??) started 20 mg. claravis on jun. 12. i have got the "sandpaper" face right now. a few pimps ( picked one). i cant stand this. have you heard anything regarding how long this bumpy texture will last (on average, of course)?? i am searching logs for some help.

how do you like the clinique moisturizer?? i am looking for a new one. using neutrogena for sensitive skin, but its a bit goopy. i am not a huge moisturizer, but i guess i better start.

good luck to you.

Hi Spanky

Thanks for coming by.We started nearly same time, I started the 15th.

Doesnt matter how old we are...its just great that we are finally on something that works and will give us the skin we want! Congrats for starting and Good luck to you too!

So your experiencing this rough skin too? Its so weird because they arent pimples just tiny bumps under the skin that makes my face look really un even almost scarred. Is yours like that?

Not sure how long it will last or if its the start of a break out??? Hope not!

I am not that keen on the clinique to tell you the truth. Its ok but think I will change again soon. At night I use calendula cream which is a herbal cream made by an Australian skin care company called Jurlique. It is a great cream and is really calming.

If you find some feedback on our rough faces let me know!

Kel

Hi Melissa thanks for the support. Thats great no actives at 100days. Fantastic!

I am sure that everyones good stories are going to help me to keep going when the going gets tough.

Cheers Kel

Day 12

Much of the same..two new actives, one on lip edge prob from applying so much lip stuff!

My skin is sooooo bumpy all over. Small bumps that my my skin look really rough and almost scarred. How long will this last?

Is it normally a prelim to a big breakout?

Bit worried but it will be cool. I am determined to stay relaxed and positive.

This guy i havent seen in ages emailed me and asked me out for a drink sometime. It sucks because I really want to say yes but am worried about the state of my skin. If I say yes then wake up with a huge breakout...I will want to cancel. Plus It really effects my confidence and I then I dont act myself.

oh well tats it for today..another day towards the end!

Hi Spanky

Thanks for coming by.We started nearly same time, I started the 15th.

Doesnt matter how old we are...its just great that we are finally on something that works and will give us the skin we want! Congrats for starting and Good luck to you too!

So your experiencing this rough skin too? Its so weird because they arent pimples just tiny bumps under the skin that makes my face look really un even almost scarred. Is yours like that?

Not sure how long it will last or if its the start of a break out??? Hope not!

I am not that keen on the clinique to tell you the truth. Its ok but think I will change again soon. At night I use calendula cream which is a herbal cream made by an Australian skin care company called Jurlique. It is a great cream and is really calming.

If you find some feedback on our rough faces let me know!

Kel

Hi Melissa thanks for the support. Thats great no actives at 100days. Fantastic!

I am sure that everyones good stories are going to help me to keep going when the going gets tough.

Cheers Kel

yeah, it does look rough and uneven. i am heading out to the derm right now. see what she says about all this.

sorry to hear the clinique isnt that great. neutrogena is kinda thick. will ask about something better today. maybe score a free sample.

i just washed my face. it looks like my face is on fire!! doesnt feel great either. didnt look as bad as yesterday, but a new bump formed overnight big, but not erupting. got another by my laugh line (ahhh, to be old and wrinkle-y!)

Ahhhh! Have woken up with lots of lumps and bumps!

My face is itchy especially under my chin on my neck where I have lots of bumps.

couple of white heads too.!! :wall:

Sorry to hear about the new spots. Ugghhh!! I've read that for some people their spots come and go more quickly while on Accutane. I hope that's the case for you.

Sorry to hear about the new spots. Ugghhh!! I've read that for some people their spots come and go more quickly while on Accutane. I hope that's the case for you.

one can only hope!

Hi Kellsbells , thanks for coming on my log. Congrats on getting accutane 15 years is really long hopefully everything will be alright on accutane now. Absolutely nothing worked for me also before accutane for severe acne for 8 years and now 35 days later at 40 mg daily I am clear almost everywhere except on my back. I wish you the best of luck on accutane and I hope it works for you also.

Day 13

My skin looks pretty horrid. Actually I should say just horrid...pretty should not be in the same sentence!

Its just lumpy! looks so uneven. The cyst in the crease of my ear has gone down which is good I guess. My neck still has about 4 actives and is pretty itchy also with lots of tiny bumps. Have actives on my forehead and jawline too. I dont really have any side effects at the moment besides dry lips but they are not that bad. I am wondering if my dose should be going up now rather than in a couple of weeks?

I am happy its winter here. Would hate if it was warm and sunny and I couldnt be out enjoying it.

Took my dog for a run at beach tonight and it was freezing! It is exciting to think that come summer I may have clear skin...hard to imagine at the moment though. :think:

I hated this stage although i am only a week ahead of you it seems to change each next stage i found i had lots of oil now i have none and am really dry but i can see pimples clearing a lot faster than they usually would. The itching drove me crazy - now its all gone!

I have been using aloe vera gel on my face, its so so soothing i find by the end of the day some dryness has reoccurred and i have to reapply i was going to try the clinique is it good?

Thanks for dropping by in my log. Try to stay positive, accutane will do well for you and you will get the clear skin you want by summer! Nique has started to clear up well. Soon it will for you as well. Good luck! :)

kel thanks for the constant support, i need it so bad - but so do you :)

once again i think were going through the same stage, not ONE part of my face is free of acne, im literally smothered in it at the moment, it sounds like you are too :(

are you applying anything to treat your active spots? im not, mainly because my derm told me not to use anything but moisturizer so im just gonna trust him i guess :think:

stay strong anyway, today is another day closer to the end of the course, and so is tomorrow :)

keep in touch, liam x