Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

hi guys looking for an oil free sun screen with an spf of 30+ that is oil free and wont break me out. Any suggestions what to buy here in the uk?

I need to know this too... especially with summer coming up and im going to switzerland in a few weeks.. scared i might break out :doh:

I have read so many great reviews on Sofina and Shiseido---which im gonna try in a few months time

But right now Im using DDF photo-age moisturising sunscreen. Although its moisturising, i find that it doesnt make my face oily nor have i broken out from using it. They have a matte formula which you may look into.

I think you can only buy DDF in Harvey Nics (?) or some other dept store...but i buy mine online

The highest UVA/B blocker available is Anthelios XL 50+ Fluid Extreme. I use it because I use hydroquinone and retinoid products. It is oil-free and does not break me out; according to the La Roche Posay website, it has been tested on acne-prone skin. If you don't need this much protection, they also have lower SPF/PPD ones. I have to order mine from European carrier; not available in US. :surprised:

There just isnt enough brands to choose from in Boots and even when buying on the internet, the prices are ridiculously high compared to US websites! Although I did read quite a good review of Boots Soltan anti-aging sunscreen on another skincare board...maybe you can look into it further

yeah, Boots Soltan is the ONLY 5 star sunblock made.

Apparently its the best there is :) thing are going well for boots it seems lol, first the N07 was on horizon for being the best anti-aging product, now the sunscreen lol

I've been using Soltan throughout the past year and it works great. I get the 50+ kind. It's not really matte, but if you've tried sunscreens before, you'll know that there is no such thing as real matte with sunscreens. You'll have to live with some sheen. But no white marks / pale face with Soltan.

The only drawback, or caution, I'd add is that it does contain fragrance. Mineral oil free though.

Hope that helps,

Sunny

I've seen that bottle ^^ in boots and if i remember correctly, i think it states not to use it on the face, though i would have to double check just to be sure. I am still looking for a decent sunscreen that does the job without making your face white and taking ages to absorb.