Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
mbbento

A new cure for oily skin???

I was reading Men's Health the other day in Barnes N' Noble and came across an article about treating oily skin with radio waves or something? Unfortunately, I was hurried and didn't get much of a chance to look at it, but apparently scientists have found a way to shrink sebacous glands using high frequency radio waves, thus curing oily skin. Has anyone else seen this? It was in the most recent issue if that's helpful.

I was reading Men's Health the other day in Barnes N' Noble and came across an article about treating oily skin with radio waves or something? Unfortunately, I was hurried and didn't get much of a chance to look at it, but apparently scientists have found a way to shrink sebacous glands using high frequency radio waves, thus curing oily skin. Has anyone else seen this? It was in the most recent issue if that's helpful.

I had a light treatment called N-lite about 3 yrs ago. It was suppose to decrease the oilyness by doing something (can't recall what) to the sebacous glands. The treatment didn't do anything for me (except make me poorer).

Was that the current issue of Men's Health?

I had a light treatment called N-lite about 3 yrs ago. It was suppose to decrease the oilyness by doing something (can't recall what) to the sebacous glands. The treatment didn't do anything for me (except make me poorer).

Was that the current issue of Men's Health?

Yeah it was the most recent issue and I don't think it was N-Lite because it seem to be in the R&D phase. I'm gonna pick it up if it's still on the shelf

If anyone has this Men's Health issue can you please scan the article or somehow post it to the board or at least give the name of the technique being used?

I tried looking for the article online but came up empty and after making a few calls I can't find anyone local who sells this magazine.

Thanks

If anyone has this Men's Health issue can you please scan the article or somehow post it to the board or at least give the name of the technique being used?

I tried looking for the article online but came up empty and after making a few calls I can't find anyone local who sells this magazine.

Thanks

Greetings everybody, this is my first post.

This purported solution for oily skin has captured my interest. If possible, could somebody find out my information, possibly a reference to a study or researchers/company involved? I don't know if "Men's Health" is available in Australia (where I'm located). But I'll have a look around today.

I realize that simular high energy EM technology is already being used in dermatology, but if this is indeed new, it may offer a veritable, long term solution to overactive sebaceous glands.

Thank-you everyone.

Sorry about neglecting this. I went to Barnes and Noble on Saturday and scanned the latest issue without any luck. I'm afraid it was in the July one because the one I looked at was for August. I'm pretty sure this was not Thermage because it is still in the research stage. I believe they talked about using radio waves? to surpess sebacous glands??? It was very short ( not really an article per se). I believe it was called a "health bulletin" or something like that? Anyways, if anyone can locate a back issue get back with me. I'm sorry for not getting all the info the first time I saw it, but I was in a real hurry.

i have the july issue, just had a look through it and cant find the article your reffering to, sorry. might have been the june issue. but ur post was in june so it must have been the july issue....confused....unless ur in america where they have a diff version of mens health

Hey guys, I pulled this off of an academic site (I guess university is useful lol).

From Men's Health (June 2007, Vol. 22 Issue 5, p56):

OIL, CANNED

*Turn off your acne pumps. Radio-frequency treatments can clear pimple-prone skin while preventing future breakouts. The therapy employs electromagnetic currents that shrink oil glands, slashing their production of pore-clogging oil. Just one to three treatments over 4 weeks eliminated 75 percent of pimples in patients with severe acne, according to Amy Taub, M.D., a dermatologist who reviewed the treatment. Check about availability; the technology is still being rolled out to doctors.

Thanks, aspirin!

I did a search and found Dr. Amy Taub's web site. Nothing about the procedure, so I sent her an email asking for more details. If she replies, I'll post it here.

Wow I had forgotten about starting this thread. Thank you aspirin for hunting it down. I had never heard of this and thought it sounded very hopeful.

I never did get a reply from Dr. Amy Taubs. I guess she's too busy selling her over-priced, multi-item, oily skin/acne snake oil products.