Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
DiscoBloodbath

two questions on mineral makeup.

1) people that have or still use Signature Mineral Makeup? is it any good? how does it compare to EM (if you've tried that too.) i was thinking about ordering samples, cause frankly their website is brainwashing me, being so pretty and all. and their brushes look great. oh and also, whats the staying power of SM?

2) people who use mineral makeup in general, what do you use to wash it off? i've been trying out my EM samples more and more these days (lolz, took me months to actually try them, long story.) and all i have is cetaphil. but i have to clease twice in order to remove mostly everything. not sure what to do here because i really like cetaphil and don't want to change it.

thanks in advance, and sorry for all the questions. :redface:

1) I really like SM. It's the only mineral makeup I've tried yet. I only use 2 of their color correctors, a foundation and finishing veil. I also use a tinted moisturizer and liquid concealer. Stays pretty well (I went swimming yesterday and it kept up really welll, and it kept the chlorine from drying out my skin), but I get shiny during the day so I have to blot (with generic toilet paper or C&C Oil Absorbing Sheets; only about 2-3 times a day). But I definitely don't get as shiny as I did with other makeups.

2) I use Neutrogena Oil-Free Acne Wash, which gets it off REALLY well, but if I wasn't using that, I would probably use Pond's Cold Cream. I've never tried it, but I've seen only good reviews about it.

I loved the SM samples I got. I didn't end up ordering from them because I liked Mad minerals a little better, but Signature is great, and it holds up when you sweat really well. I like their choice of colors, and it didn't turn colors on my face.

I ended up buying full sizes of the first mineral makeup I tried and while I love it, I wanted to see what I was missing, so I ordered samples from a couple of more popular brand (needless to say, I'm back to my favorite and first mmu). I just recently tried SM samples and the match was is nice, but the staying power and coverage is not as good as others. The coverage is more sheer to light and when I tried it I had to blot quite a bit as I got oily during the day. The customer service was good, but I need something that will last all day, especially when I'm outside working and sweating. Someone earlier in this thread said that the color stayed for them, but I noticed when I sweated that SM turned orangey on me (could just be me though).

As far as removing my makeup, I started using Ponds Cold Cream on a suggestion here and love it! I follow up with my regular cleanser.

Loreal do a mineral foundation and it is amazing!

I got it when it was £9.99 on introduction offer, think it is about 15.99 normally. But it is very good, covers everything and it is a powder so great for summer

1) I think Signature is pretty similar to EM, maybe with an even more natural finish, but that may be because it does not offer very good coverage...or at least in my experience I had to layer a lot & it took too long to get the coverage I needed. The staying power was fine if I remember right.

2) I usually just use Cetaphil, normal to oily, but if my face feels especially gunky (usually from a late night out or a long day in the sun) then I use a cleansing oil (yep, that's right, an oil, the one by DHC). It's olive oil based & it doesn't break me out; I use it for eye makeup also. I bet jojoba oil might work well too. Use it on dry skin, rinse it off & follow with your face wash.