Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
pknsgirl

scars and tane...

so i started accutane about a week ago. so far so good, but my there's one thing im worried about. i have one bad rolling/indented scar that really really bothers me the most. im not sure what effect accutane has if any on these types of scars. not that im thinking its going to fix it. i just am worried cause with the drying and general thinning of the skin, could it potentially get worse or deeper? or is the exfoliation a good thing?? SO CONFUSED.

When I was on Accutane, no scars got worse. I only took it for 2-3 months though. I did get one scar from messing about with a breakout while on Accutane. (Afterwards, too). So, don't pick and you should be fine. Be very gentle with your skin, even after Accutane, particularly as you age.

The few old scars i had before tane don't look any worse (they actually are less noticable due to the lack of oiliness) However, I've gotten many new ones since being one it and I haven't picked at all! It's so frustrating:(