Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Polaroid

Improving Skin tone.

I've had really great results with alpha hydroxy acid products. Helps unclog pores, even skin tone, lighten scars, and smooth texture. You won't have perfect skin overnight but you'll see a noticible difference with a few uses and will definitely see results if you're consistent and give it some time. I would definitely suggest starting with something that has a lower percentage and working your way up gradually if you haven't used AHAs before so your skin can adjust. I've used Kiss My Face Peaches and Cream Moisturizer, which they make in 4% and 8%. Also Neutrogena Healthy Skin Night, which has 8%. They also make one for sensitive skin with 4%. I use the KMF in the morning and Neutrogena at night.

I agree with the AHA recomendation. Glycolic acids are great for smoothing out your complexion, getting rid of dead skin cells, etc. Definitely work up to using it (either start with a gentle product or if you start with a stronger one, only use it a few times a week at first)

take fish oil. cleanse gently. use a good moisturizer with spf and AHA. drink lots of water.

Use a gentle cleanser, I've been using this "deep pore cleansing cleanser" for such a long time.. but it wasn't doing to good for my mild skin so I just switched to Purpose Gentle Cleanse about a week ago and I can see that my skin tone has become more even... it's super gentle, it won't sting your eyes. And yea, drink lots of water :)