Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
a529612

Seborrheic dermatitis (SD) on face

Does anyone have experience battling SD on the face? I have very flaky skin on my forehead, nose bridge, sideburn areas and the area above my lips. My derm told me to use Selsun Blue shampoo to wash my face and apply Oxistat cream to the affected areas but they only show mixed results so far (1.5 weeks of treatment). Any suggestions? How should I get rid of the flakiness and redness? Am I supposed to rub the dead skin flakes off in the shower like you would with BP related flaky skin? Thanks!

I had a bout with it and my GP told me to use Dove for sensetive skin, no fragrance in it and use Eucerin moisturizing lotion and perscribed a topical cortizone cream. I use a facial brush with the soap and put a tiny amout of the cream on the areas after washing and within a couple of days my skin looked and felt really good. I had red, dry and itchy skin along my laugh lines and chin. It seems to help when a flare up hits. Elf

Does anyone have experience battling SD on the face? I have very flaky skin on my forehead, nose bridge, sideburn areas and the area above my lips. My derm told me to use Selsun Blue shampoo to wash my face and apply Oxistat cream to the affected areas but they only show mixed results so far (1.5 weeks of treatment). Any suggestions? How should I get rid of the flakiness and redness? Am I supposed to rub the dead skin flakes off in the shower like you would with BP related flaky skin? Thanks!

seb derm is basically dandruff on your face which is why you have be told to use 'selsun' sorry i'm too lazt to find links but if you go into the body acne forum they are alot of threads on using shampoos containing nizoral which is an anti-dandruff product to improve acne. My ibest idea would be to pm someone who has had experience of this and find out how drying it was etc to see if you could use it on your face.....

i think using shapposon facewouldbe too irritating. are you suppose to use anti-dandruff facialcleansers for face. like ovace and others, and ocne clear using it twice a week for mainteance forever for prevention

I read that using a warm oil and a very soft brush, like a soft bristle baby hair brush will help remove the flakes temporarily and be gentle for your skin.

what cleasners that are meant for the face not shampoos. and are only suppose to use like twice a week for mainteance.?

I am not really sure if there are cleansers for seborrheic dermatitis that are not shampoos. My dermatologist just recommended washing my face with the anti-dandruff shampoos.

Yeah, after it is under control most people can just use the shampoo about twice a week.

did tedoctr say you haveto leave theshampoo onfae for a certain amont of time.are some shampoos less irritating for face?thanks

Im too using selsun (allmost 3 weeks now). And i was wondering. I also have redness/scaling on my cheeks....this isnt the typical SD place. Does anyone have this problem. I think it is some kind of rash....

Anyone got any insight?