Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Vivi24

When ppl on here with good skin complain

I can't stand it when members on here with EXTREMELY MILD acne complain about their skin. You know what I mean? They make such a fuss and then post their pics and then you see them and their skin looks practically flawless!! Please! Show me someone with truly bad skin for a change. :wall:

Photoshop & makeup help....

Plus it often looks worse in person....mine did.

Some people here are clearer now due to whatever treatment they are using, and many of us don't have photos laying around of us with our acne at it's worst.

Other than that, there are some people with mild to moderate acne that is persistent, and while it may not seem so bad in a photo, it's enough to bother them in their life.

I used to be one of those people... but I truely thought my face was horrible. Then, a few months ago... almost overnight, I got the most severe acne i've ever seen in my entire life... worse than ANYBODY on this website. Thankfully, i'm on accutane now and I only have a couple zits at the moment... but my scarring/redmarks are bad enough to make me never want to leave the house. Makes me regret EVER complaining about my mild acne.. i'd kill to have my old skin back.

A pimple is a pimple; whether you've got one or 50 it's going to bother you. A lot of people who have cleared up and then get one or two and complain are probably afraid they're going to start breaking out hardcore again -- I know this from experience. I'm terrified of getting massive breakouts again and definitely complain about the couple pimples I get each week.

We're all in this acne bullshit together. Instead of tearing others down, let's try to help them up eh?

Everything is relative. I imagine people in hospices feel that we're being whiny brats. Why shouldn't people with mild acne be able to express their feelings as well?

I agree with what y'all are sayin. But it just irks me to see someone with skin with like ONE zit and they're all like "OHMGODZ MY FACE IS SOO BAD. I WANNA CUT MYSELF."

Mods can close this if they want.

A pimple is a pimple; whether you've got one or 50 it's going to bother you. A lot of people who have cleared up and then get one or two and complain are probably afraid they're going to start breaking out hardcore again -- I know this from experience. I'm terrified of getting massive breakouts again and definitely complain about the couple pimples I get each week.

I think that's definitely a big part of it.

Guest T-Virus
I can't stand it when members on here with EXTREMELY MILD acne complain about their skin. You know what I mean? They make such a fuss and then post their pics and then you see them and their skin looks practically flawless!! Please! Show me someone with truly bad skin for a change. :wall:

I can't stand it when anyone here complains about their acne :)

I can make an exception for people with severe cystic acne, but for people with mild to moderate acne like me it really makes me angry when they complain about it.

I may sound bitter, but when you get something that's so much worse than acne you really do get annoyed when others complain about their acne, because you believe that compared to your other problems acne is a very trivial issue that no one should complain about.

agree with what you say, but ya gotta remmeber this is an acne site, which covers all types , mild to badd to redmarks to scars.

We're all in this acne bullshit together. Instead of tearing others down, let's try to help them up eh?

Here Here, well said Uncle Mortie :wub:

i went to get a food allergy test the other day and the dr asked why i needed one and i said because i have acne and i want to see if its something im eating that is possibly causing me to break out and he goes- what acne? then when he came closer- he said ohh that, well its really not that noticable. for one-its noticable to me for two- i happened to not have that many breakouts that day(which is usually not the case) plus i was wearing make up. perhaps when some people take their pics they just happened to be having a mild acne day but doesnt mean its always been that way or will stay that way for very long. so they could be on here trying to find ways to keep it that way.

Guest T-Virus
Everything is relative. I imagine people in hospices feel that we're being whiny brats. Why shouldn't people with mild acne be able to express their feelings as well?

I agree that they should be able to express their feelings, but I also understand how some people can get angry or annoyed.

I used to be one of those people... but I truely thought my face was horrible. Then, a few months ago... almost overnight, I got the most severe acne i've ever seen in my entire life... worse than ANYBODY on this website. Thankfully, i'm on accutane now and I only have a couple zits at the moment... but my scarring/redmarks are bad enough to make me never want to leave the house. Makes me regret EVER complaining about my mild acne.. i'd kill to have my old skin back.

what did you do or take or change in your lifestyle to make your skin go so bad overnight? there mustve been a trigger.

In some respects I agree, in some I don't. I can understand what you're saying, however the devastating effects even one or two spots can have on that individual's mental wellbeing may perhaps be far worse than the psychological effects of severe acne to another individual. It's all in the mind, it's an illness and I feel for everybody who visits this site; whether they have mild or severe acne.

Guest The Effendi

I would think people wouldn't want to show their acne at it's worst, so they find

a good picture of themselves. Or touch up a regular photo.

It's just hard to show how you look if you feel really bad about yourself.

100% with you on your rant!

I am sick of people with mild acne complaining! It really isn't that bad and can be a hell of a lot worse! I would kill to have mild acne!

I sometimes browse the accutane galleries seeing is ANYONE has acne even slightly like mine and low and behold there is no one! And i am not on Accutane and damn well qualify more than everyone on the gallery (with a few exceptions)

Mild acne>Cystic acne. Nuff said!

I am sick of people with mild acne complaining! It really isn't that bad and can be a hell of a lot worse! I would kill to have mild acne!

I sometimes browse the accutane galleries seeing is ANYONE has acne even slightly like mine and low and behold there is no one! And i am not on Accutane and damn well qualify more than everyone on the gallery (with a few exceptions)

dont u mean cystic acne>mild acne?

I'm going to reiterate what some people already mentioned, but I thought I might add a bit to this.

I've had mild-moderate persistent cystic acne before, and while it's NOTHING compared to what many of you are going through, it still is devastating to have four or five active cysts on one's face. Yeah, that's all I had (no pustules, just cysts) but it still made me feel hideous.

I'm down to mild acne right now, a dozen or so whiteheads (closed comedones) and one smallish papule on my upper cheek, but it makes me feel unpretty and yes, I AM afraid that it means my acne is coming back after being in check for several months.

In defense of those who only have one or two or a half-dozen active zits at a time, bear in mind that they're still enduring the redmarks from last week's outbreak and the fear of knowing that next week will be the same. While they only have a few active pustules or what-have-you, their faces are still red and inflammed from their previous acne outbreaks.

I sympathize greatly with everyone who has to endure acne, and I do count myself lucky that my acne is as mild as it is right now -- especially knowing how bad it is and how bad it could be and how red my face is from discoloration and pitting -- and I agree, it must make you want to beat the snot out of people with milder acne, but acne is devastating no matter what form it takes.

I hope you find a treatment that works well for you, and I'm sorry for what you're going through.

In my case my pic does not show the worst of what I am suffering with.

The flash of the digital camera alone filters out all the open pores that are easily seen in person. You also can't see the moderate scarring I have on the sides of face.

The truth of the matter is, for over 29 years I suffered deeply fighting moderate to heavy acne and my face, in person shows this fight well.

Also, even though everyone is suffering at different levels of outbreak, the fact we are participating in this forum shows the common bond between us.

dont u mean cystic acne>mild acne?

I meant i would rather have mild acne to cystic. So i would greater value mild to cystic. If i put it the wrong way round i apologise altho i don't think i have!

:clap: Well said.