Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

On the MAC website, the page for Studio TECH specifically says that it "is dermatologist tested, ophthalmologist tested, non-acnegenic and safe for contact lens wearers." The page for Studio FIX says no such thing, so does that mean Studio Fix is acnegenic?

Firstly, there is no standard for "non-acnegenic," and even if there was, they often test the products on people with great skin who rarely break out from anything.

Secondly, I love your username, it makes me think of Friends. :lol:

Basically, MAC's "acnegenic" means that it contains ingredients (mainly emollients) that are meant to be soothing and non-irritating for active acne. So essentially it is not supposed to aggrevate current active spots. "Supposed" being to operative word.

If you are concerned about MAC foundations, I would try the two that are oil-free, Studio Fix Fluid (medium coverage) or Select Tint (light coverage). Studio Fix Powder Plus Foundation is not oil-free, and many people have problems with Studio Fix...however, I'm a long-time sufferer of acne and I have especially sensitive skin when it comes to makeup and I absolutely love Studio Fix. I've never once had a problem with it breaking me out.