Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
_MaGic_DuSt_

bad reaction!!! didn't expect this.

so, i applied a toner with 8% glycolic acid then i applied fucidin cream, then within a min i found my skin burning so i washed it off... now the skin on my face is completely red, looks like a bad sun burn. i was wondering why this happened and what can i do to help it go away? how long will this last? i need to look presentable on monday!

I'd use jojoba oil (unless you know you react to jojoba in which case use some other oil that works ok like Emu or something) to replace lost oils, and then ice your face to reduce inflammation.

It could have happened for many reasons. Maybe the glycolic acid wasn't mixed well and you got a concentrated bit of it, or you put too much on and burned your skin. or you could be having a reaction to another chemical, or it could be a bad combination of chemicals that your skin is reacting to. If you washed your face too much before applying the glycolic acid, it makes it easier to burn your skin with it too I think because the natural oils aren't there to protect your skin.