Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Just wondering if things get worse before better when you change your diet to fruits/veggies/meats/water and cleansing with basically water...?...and how long until you start to see it take effect? thanks..

If you are cleansing with only water it may not get better. Many people who try that end up getting Seborrheic Dermatitis on their face and that can cause pimples. Is the skin on your face flaking or itchy? If so, it probably will only get worse.

If you were doing just the diet, with normal washing, it still could take a while to see improvement and you should stick with it for at least 6 weeks.

The diet/regimen your describing is basically what I'm doing right now. It does get a little worse before it gets better. I'd give it 2-3 weeks for the initial breakout to pass (and even that wasn't too bad) before you start to see real improvement. Then I'd give it at least 3 months, and most of the acne should be gone. It is very important to not cheat on this diet though. I've made that mistake a couple times, and paid for it. The good thing about that though is it makes it really easy to figure out what caused your breakout, cause you know when you slipped and what it was.

As far as washing with plain water causing sebhorraec dermatitis...that's just plain wrong. I've been washing my face that way for a few months and have had nothing like that develop. The only time I've had skin problems from my washing routine was when I was using packaged acne treatment programs like ProActive. In fact, anyone who knows anything about that condition would know that plain water wouldn't and couldn't do that unless the water was polluted and you developed an irritation from that pollution. Actually I had a bigger problem with flaking when I was using cleansers to wash my face than I am now using just plain water and a washcloth.

The diet/regimen your describing is basically what I'm doing right now. It does get a little worse before it gets better. I'd give it 2-3 weeks for the initial breakout to pass (and even that wasn't too bad) before you start to see real improvement. Then I'd give it at least 3 months, and most of the acne should be gone. It is very important to not cheat on this diet though. I've made that mistake a couple times, and paid for it. The good thing about that though is it makes it really easy to figure out what caused your breakout, cause you know when you slipped and what it was.

As far as washing with plain water causing sebhorraec dermatitis...that's just plain wrong. I've been washing my face that way for a few months and have had nothing like that develop. The only time I've had skin problems from my washing routine was when I was using packaged acne treatment programs like ProActive. In fact, anyone who knows anything about that condition would know that plain water wouldn't and couldn't do that unless the water was polluted and you developed an irritation from that pollution. Actually I had a bigger problem with flaking when I was using cleansers to wash my face than I am now using just plain water and a washcloth.

I did not mean that everyone who does the water-only regimen will get seborrheic dermatitis, but just that many people who try the water-only regimen get it. If water-only regimen is not causing your face to become flaky and itchy, then by all means keep it up.