Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
goddamnspots

for those of you in the UK who went private for accutane...

NHS are pissing me off with all the waiting around... so im considering going private as im desperate! Seriously need to do something...

however im a uni student so don't have much money at all, need a rough idea of the price and do you usually pay it all at once or in seperate payments?

Anyone know any private derms in northwest; manchester?

Thanks

Guest stereophonic

i think the price for an initial consultation is about £100-150.after that im not sure.how long have you been on the nhs waiting lists for?

i think the price for an initial consultation is about £100-150.after that im not sure.how long have you been on the nhs waiting lists for?

next appointment is in 4 months +

theyve not even sorted it out for me, i got a gp referral but the choose n book system messed something up so i have to wait another week till i can book and they said the nearest is in a few months so 4> and that will probably get taken before i can book so i'll have to wait even longer! also the first appointment is with the derm to have a chat and confirm i want accutane then i have to get my blood test done then go back again normally a month later to get the actual prescription!

im thinking maybe private is better option for me as im desperate, plus im getting married next year and i need to have clear skin on my wedding day :(

Guest stereophonic

hmm,i see your problem.it can cost quite a bit going private,so the 4month wait might not be too bad an option.i waited 9months for an initial consultation,then had a blood test,and wasnt called back for an appointment to actually receive roaccutane until 7months later.....and by that time my skin was clear! i hate the bloody nhs.but that was a particularly bad hospital,im sure the same wouldnt happen to you,esp if you are in england.

NHS are pissing me off with all the waiting around... so im considering going private as im desperate! Seriously need to do something...

however im a uni student so don't have much money at all, need a rough idea of the price and do you usually pay it all at once or in seperate payments?

Anyone know any private derms in northwest; manchester?

Thanks

anyone???

hey

ive been seeing a private derm in london. my origional consultation was about a hundred quid, last time i saw him it was only for about 15 minutes & cost about £60. the roaccutane itself is around £80 a month. also have 2 pay 4 a blood test which is £75 a time. i think the price will vary depending on where u go, london is usually more expensive. also u might be able 2 save a bit here and there if u can get yr gp to send u 4 the blood tests once a month on the NHS.