Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I went to the dermtologist this morning and after a quick look he prescribed benzamycin gel. Before the visit I was taking 5g of b5 100mg zinc and 100 mg of b6. With washing they seemed to be going okay since i hadn't had any new cysts for a few days. He said there was no proof that any of those supplements worked. He said the gel wouldn't even clear me up before 6 to 7 weeks (next visit). I was wondering if I should stay on b5, b6 and zinc to quicken the process or stop them and take his advice. I am 19 with moderate acne on my face (pimple beard). thanks

I would keep taking the supplements, it won't hurt. I used benzamaycin years ago when i was your age and it cleared me up very quickly not even 3 weeks, and it was the best thing i had ever used. I didn't have a problem with it at all. Good luck!

Benzamycin kept my acne about the same as it was w/things like Stridex pads and aloe vera. It was about a pimple a week (maybe more, can't remember), but still enough to piss me off. I used it for about, I'd say, 3 months, and didn't see any really big progress. Is the Benzamycin you're using the stuff where they take BP gel and the pharmacist mixes in the Benzamycin? Kind of a gel with like white crap in it? That's what mine was.

Yeah, which I rarely did anyway haha, I just stuck it on the outside part of the window at night between the window and the screen. Maybe that's why it didn't work... lol.