Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
sservi

Upping the Amount of BP

I am at about 2 and a half weeks into the regimen and I am using a little less then half a finger of BP. At first I was using a little more than that (I know it was a bad idea!!) and my face dried out like crazy. Anyways, now my skin is finally not flaking like crazy, although i have to use a TON of jojoba and moisturizer. My question is when should i start using more BP? I know Dan says at week 3 I should start using a little more, but I am really worried to use more because my skin is still really dry and irritated. On the other hand, I don't want to start breaking out because I am not using enough BP. I found that wherever my skin is too dry, it breaks out so that also makes me worry about adding more BP. Let me know if you guys have any ideas!

Go ahead and start increasing it slowly and gradually. If you are currently using 1/2 finger and tolerating it well, then apply just a bit over 1/2 finger for the next week. Continue to moisturize each time and see how it goes.